Chapter 1

Years ago...

"Thor and Loki Odinson, meet Astrid. She will be staying with us indefinitely." Odin grabbed my arm and slightly pulled me forward to these two boys. I was about 4 years old, I do not remember why Odin, The King of Asguard had me. I was just at home in my own castle.

Today...

"ASTRID!!!!" I crouched down and hid. I am now like 1299 years old but look like a 17 or 18-year-old Midguardian. I heard the boots of the guards but felt a tap on my shoulder. I jumped startled.

"Loki, what in the nine realms are you doing scaring me like that!" He shushed me and he pointed to a door and to follow him. I nodded and got away from the guards.

"What did you do Astrid? Thor is furious." He sighed and I stayed silent. I then felt him trying to pry.

"Stop it," I said softly. I was not known for being loud. So Loki either 1. did not hear because he is too focused or 2. he is ignoring me because he wants to know what I did.

"I said stop it Loki!" I was louder but he was still prying. Must be ignoring me. He started breaking down my barriers, and at that second I got a brain-splitting feeling. So I doubled over in pain and screamed as Loki pryed. I had learned about the powers Loki had and he began to teach me when he would learn, we are now on the same level but I am way more patient.

"Astrid why didn't you stop me!" He knelt beside me, but I just pushed him away.

"You know I don't like it when you pry! I was going to tell you, but you are just too damn impatient!" He came beside me and tried to put his arms around me to comfort me.

"Leave me alone. I will deal with this mind-splitting headache on my damn own." I pushed him and started to get up but started to stumble. He tried to catch me, but I am an independent Asgardian woman.

"I hope you got what the Helheim you wanted!" He cowered down ashamed.

"We have been friends since the beginning, I just cannot believe you keep doing this to me. Now I have to go to find Thor and apologize for hiding his mjolnir in plain sight. Because I have always followed you, we both know Thor will become king. You and I? We will just be here. Now I must go." I staggered off leaving Loki to his own thoughts.

'I am sorry Astrid. I am just jealous.' I had a thought get pushed to my frontal cortex.

'Stay out Loki. I am warning you.' I heard him sigh before I got to the door. I kept walking and wondered around the Palace.

"Astrid, where is it?" Thor snaked his arms around my waist. I yelped in surprise. He twirled me around but got a face full of Ash Brown hair. I am not like most Asgardians. I am average height at 5'8", making Thor and Loki still taller than me. I have these gray eyes with specks of green. I look like an outsider.

"Where is what?" I tried to play dumb, I even got this nagging feeling that someone was prying.

"STAY OUT OF MY HEAD!?" I yelled and heard a sigh.

"Sorry brother, I cannot figure out where she put it. But you are the one who is courting her. I am not doing the dirty work anymore." loki came from the corner. The three of us are still considered super young for Asgardians. I scowled at the two men. Thor has been courting me for a few months now and I suspect a ring soon enough, but Loki has always had a special spot in my heart and I think he knows it. I heard a cough and looked up to see Loki staring at me and he shook his head.

'Stay out of my head Loki.' He knows not to pry.

'I was not meaning to.' I stared at him.

"Can you two stop talking in your heads, I hate that I cannot achieve that level of mind work. Astrid, just tell me where it is. We are going in to battle soon." Ugh, battle.

"It is right where you left it." Loki started to laugh and Thor was just puzzled.

"Hun, I cannot lift mjolnir, so it has never moved from the last spot you left it." He opened his eyes and turned to Loki.

"Why do you have to teach her this stuff, why do the two important people have to be gifted in magic. You two are terrible influences on each other." He huffed and walked away. I stayed back with Loki.

"He's hiding something from you. I can feel it."