Chapter 21

Astrid's POV

"I am glad we were able to actually talk Astrid." I just looked up and nodded. 

"Yeah it was good, thank you." Loki noticed us come back into the building. 

'I am okay Lokes.' He gave a slight smile. I kept walking and retired to my bedroom to relax and read. 

"Hey, F.R.I.D.A.Y can you ensure nobody bothers me?" I asked her. 

"Yes miss, there are tablets in the dresser drawer from Mr Stark, it is a means of communication." I jumped and got the tablet. I played around with the tablet for who knows how long. I found this app spotify and found a song by Little Mix, it was called Secret Love Song, PT II. 

"We keep behind closed doors
Every time I see you, I die a little more
Stolen moments that we steal as the curtain falls
It'll never be enough
As you drive me to my house
I can't stop these silent tears from rolling down
You and I both have to hide
On the outside where I can't be yours and you
Can't be mine
But I know this
We got a love that is homelessWhy can't I hold you in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that?
'Cause I'm yours
Why can't I say that I'm in love?
I wanna shout it from the rooftops
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that?
'Cause I'm yoursIt's obvious you're meant for me
Every piece of you, it just fits perfectly
Every second, every thought, I'm in so deep
But I'll never show it on my face
But we know this, we got a love that is homeless..." I listened to the lyrics the first time and caught some meaning. 

I had to listen to the song on repeat, then I just got extremely sad and overwhelmed. 

'You know, if you bottle up these emotions, they will be harder to control. Set me free for a little Astrid. Play around.' The other voice said. 

"Fine but we have to be quiet and careful, just one element at a time." I sat down in front of the large mirror and blinked so that she came forward. It was a surreal experience, I just sat back and watched the power swirl around one element at a time. My favorite was the snow and ice, I watched it swirl, but then there was a knock at the door and it freaked me out and I shot out a bunch of snow and ice and covered the room. I got up and went to the door. 

"Hi." I said as I opened the door a smigen, just enough to peak my head out. There standing was Loki. I smiled at him and he gave a confused smile back.

"Why are you covered in snow?" I took a step back and he pushed the door open. 

"Astrid, what happened?" I shrugged. 

"Its not that big of a deal. I just let her take over and we were playing with the elements, and then I was deep in the zone when you knocked on the door and spooked me, so I kind of exploded a little bit." I smiled sheepishly up at him. I did not know what to expect from him after that. He was always there for me when I was trying new things, but when we began to fight about everything, it became a wedge. 

"I apologize, I was just coming to see if you wanted to take a promenade under the moonlight, that Tyr created for us." I smiled and nodded. 

"Just let me change and clean up, I will be like five minutes. Just wait here." He nodded and stepped outside of the door. I got back in front of the large mirror and did some magic to change into some light asgardian clothes. I washed my face and did a braid down the side of my shoulder. I smiled and opened the door. 

"Lady Astrid, you look beautiful. But I feel I am now under dressed. These midgardian clothes are nothing and scratchy, unlike asgardian clothes." I giggled and he did some magic to change into his regular Asgardian outfit. He held out his arm for me to take, I did and we walked outside. It was later at night, so I believe everyone else had retired to their rooms.

We just walked under the moonlight, until he took us to an adorable little area with a table and candles.

"Loki, please tell me you didn't do this gesture?" I put my hand over my mouth.

"My love, I thought it was the best place for us to talk and had some asgardian dessert that The Warriors Three had brought down from home." He pulled out the chair and allowed me to sit down, then he pushed me in.

"I wanted to start off with an 'I'm sorry' but that was too basic. Astrid, I am so deeply gutted about how I have made you feel over the last few weeks, I guess even years. We were best friends, I would do anything for you. I always wanted to protect you. And I failed you, I failed you when I left for my conquest, I failed you when I withheld the information of Thor and Sif, I failed you when I was being the little person and wasn't there to protect you when you got hurt. But I'm most sorry for how I acted when you told me how you got me out of that cell. I know we know how to push each other's buttons, to say the wrong thing. To hurt one another. But I do not want to do that anymore Astrid. I'm tired of not being yours. I would like to know if you, Princess Astrid, would do me the honours of starting a courtship between us." He held my hand, I just stood there and smiled.

"It's been a long time coming, but yes I will be your partner in a courtship." He smiled and stood up to hug me. I fid the same. He then pulled out a box, with the simplest ring.

"It is what the midgardians call a promise ring. A ring that signifies a promise that one day I will marry you." I started to cry happy tears.

"No, Princess, no tears." He put his hand up to my face to wipe away the tears. His hands were cold, like all of him was, being a Frost Giant could have its perks.

"They are not sad tears. I just realized that I've been horrible to you and that I should not have been, but instead I should have been unified with you. I apologize deeply Loki." I looked to the ground. He put his hands on the side of my head and lifted up my head to be able to look up at him. He just looked into my eyes with his piercing green eyes.

"I can't get into your head anymore." I blinked at him.

"Why would you want too." He sighed.

"Because I wanted to know what you were thinking." I smiled.

"I was thinking about when you're going to kiss me." I smiled and not a second to lose, did the God of Mischief pull me into him and kiss me underneath the stars. At that instant, the entire world stopped.