Chapter 4

Thor's POV...

She blacked out in my arms, with a sad look in her eyes. I looked up to Sif who showed a fearful look on her face.

"You just had to stab her twice. She could die." I stated harshly. Sif just looked bewildered.

I stood up and began the trek to the infirmary. I was lost in my own thoughts. I did love Astrid. But I think I made a mistake asking her to marry me. Because I think of her more as a sister. I know deep down she was never 100% mine.

'Prince Thor, is that Lady Astrid?" The head healer caught my attention. I nodded and followed her to a separate suite. I placed her on the bed and relayed the events to the healer. She just shook her head and dismissed me.

I began walking to Father's chambers to inform him on the matter. I turned around a corner and slammed right into Loki.

"Brother! Walk with me to Father's?" I asked, he nodded. But he seemed off.

"So um, congratulations on your engagement brother. I guess I'm proud of you. Astrid was supposed to meet me in the library for some magic training." He trailed off on the end.

"Thank you, Astrid is actually unwell at the moment." I stated and he just stared at me. Pondering what to say.

"Ah, well we are at Father's. Are you wanting me to stay?" I nodded.

"You'll need to hear this." I knocked on the door and was let in.

"Father, I have just returned from the infirmary. There was an incident." I began to start the story, but he held up a hand to stop me.

"I was just confessing Thor. As of right now, I'm unsentenced. However, if she dies, I will be sentenced to a long time in the dungeons." Sif stated and now she stood and looked to me.

"Wait, who dies?" Loki asked beside me. He was super smart, however he was a little slow.

"Sif and Astrid got into a fight. This was only after Sif got a good stab at Astrid. But the second, more deadly stab, was when Sif pierced her sword through Astrid." I said recalling the training session. Loki looked down.

"She asked for help, and I denied it." He whispered. Then disappeared.

Loki's POV

Son. Of. A. Bitch. Why didn't I listen to her. She needed magic to help heal her. She wouldn't be in this position if I would've helped. I left the chamber and went straight to the infirmary. The head healer, led me to her separate suite. Astrid was lying on the bed struggling. 

"Elsa, please tell me how bad is it? What are her odds?" I asked the head healer. She just look sadly. 

"The first wound has begun to heal itself, I am more worried about the one that went right through her. I am having a problem being able to see if Lady Sif's sword pierced any important organs, therefore she will stay under until then. Prince Loki, you will be able to stay here with her during the day but must leave at night." I nodded and sat down next to her. I tried to go through mind to find something. 

'Where am I?' Her mind is conscience, maybe I can try to talk to her. 

'In the separate suite across from the infirmary.' I watched her eyelids move. 

'Why didn't you help me...' I sighed, and tried to make myself sound normal.

'I apologize Astrid. I was angry and jealous. I should have been there.' 

'Go away Loki.' I stood up and began to leave. 

'I really am sorry Astrid. Please get better.' 

'Please leave your highness.' Ouch, bit harsh. I left after that. 

I turned around to go back to the throne room. 

"Loki, what did you mean she asked for help?" Thor said outside the Throne room. I sighed. 

"She needed my help after she got stabbed the first time. She probably needed me to aid her to be strong. Not to cheat against Sif but to make sure she could handle the wound herself." I stated coldly. 

"Why didn't she just ask me?" Thor looked me dead in the eye then lifted me up against the wall.

"Because you two do not have the mind connection!" I began to get louder out of frustration. Thor slammed me into the wall. 

"You should not be having that kind of connection with my fiance!" He dropped me and took out the hammer. Jesus christ. 

"Thor, we have had this connection since we were 5 and begun learning about magic. Plus she is worth so much more than you. She is settling with you and Astrid does not even understand what you do behind her back!" That was the last straw and I knew it. I got mjolnir thrown at me, but Thor grabbed it back quick. Think quick Loki, an illusion. 

"Loki! I am in no mood to play your foolish games!!" I sent the illusion of many Loki's around Thor and I snuck out to hide. 

"I swear to Helheim Loki, you go near her again." I sighed and turned back. 

"You'll do what Thor!?" 

"I will send you back to Midgard myself." I stood back. 

"She bonded with me before you. We are best friends you big oaf. You are going to be the ruined of her life. And now your side piece Sif has put her in mortal danger! Thor, you are out here fighting with me while Astrid is in there fighting for her life!" I was fuming, I ran my hands through my black hair. 

"You speak so lowly of Lady Sif, why?" I scoffed. Did he really just say that.

"You do not love Astrid do you?" I asked point-blank. I, however, knew the answer already.

"I do." I looked at him. I shook my head. 

"No you don't. You love her as a sister. The annoying little sister that we grew up with because she was there." Thor just sighed and looked down. 

"I know it was wrong to ask her to marry me, but she was putting pressure on me about Sif. I was going to call off the courting, but I didn't and now I have made a mess of this." I nodded and began to leave to retreat to my own chambers. 

"You need to tell her. As soon as she wakes up, or she'll find out." I said before I turned the corner. I sat down on the edge of my grand princely bed. It was way softer than the dungeon floor, I will say that much. I try not to think about the one year I spent in the dungeons under the palace. I only got out because Astrid struck a deal with Odin. She was to keep an eye on me and make sure I do not fall out of line. I do not know what else of the deal there was. I then heard a knock at the door. 

"Her state has changed." Elsa said as I opened the door. She was kind of smiling. Heavenly Allfather, thank you for Asgardian healing.