Chapter 7

Astrid's POV

After I woke up in the middle of the night from nightmares or dreams. I really do not understand what really woke me up, it is this new voice. This other part of me, but I just do not understand it, neither does Elsa; who has been by my side for a while. 

"Lady Astrid, Prince Thor is here to see you." I gave her a cold hard stare. 

"I want him nowhere near me." She nodded and trembled to the door. I heard her speaking to him and he sounded sad. 

'You do not care what he thinks.' I frowned. I am not liking this new side of me. 

'He thinks we are weak, let us show him real power. Take off the necklace.' I was battling my own self in my head when Elsa came back. 

"Lady Astrid, please remove your hand from the necklace." She begged me, scared. I do not remember much from yesterday when I was exploding with energy and power. 

"Before I forget, happy birthday Lady Astrid. I hope you celebrate it so well." I smiled sadly at her. It was not a happy birthday, a lot of things happened the last few days that I could sleep for an eternity. I got engaged, then got stabbed by Sif, almost died but unleashed new power, got un-engaged, and now I am lying here on my bed waiting for Elsa to finish her check up. 

"You know Elsa, I do not think it will be a very happy birthday today. As for now, I appreciate everything you have done for me. Tell me, how was Loki faring when he was in here? He was in my head." I asked her as I began to sit up. Why do I care why he was here? Because he has always been here. We have always had a different bond between Thor and I. 

"He seemed worried, he was angry after you kicked him out. I think he may have gotten into an argument with Thor he was limping." I sighed as I stood up. 

"Lady Astrid, we are here to assist you throughout the day; Allfather requests you in the Throne Chamber." I nodded at my two chambermaids as they walk into the room. I believe I will have a few outfit changes today so I guess I will start off with a nice pale green knee-length dress, paired with a pair of silver strappy heels. I brushed my long hair and put it in a nice loose braid. I finished getting ready and made my way to the Throne Room. I got there and saw Odin and Thor talking.

"You wanted to see me Allfather." I said quietly coming into view. 

"Ah yes, dear child, happy birthday. You do have a busy day today but first, there is something we need to discuss." I nodded and kept my focus on Odin. I felt Thor's eyes burning a hole into my skull. 

"You two, are being childish. Thor if you did not love her like a wife, why would you propose?" I turned to face Thor and gave him a cold glare. 

"I really do not know Father. I was upset about Jane and Astrid was there for me. We grew up together and it may sense to me." He sighed and I was ready to explode. 

"I cannot hear this anymore. I apologize but I am leaving." I turned on my heel and started to go but Thor grabbed my wrist. 

"Please let me apologize." I tried to pull my hand away but he tightened his grip on me. 

"Thor, let me go." I pulled once more and he still had a grip. 

"I said let me go Thor!" He reluctantly let go. 

"And for what it is worth, I will never forgive you. You used me, we grew up together? What the Helheim is that, it does not matter to me if we grew up together. You were always there for me when I struggled, and you turn around and do this to me. You may find me as a sister; but you will never be my brother." I finally turned around and left the Throne Room. I walked to the garden and just sat there. 

"Lady Astrid, are you okay?" Inga, my one chambermaid asked. 

"No, Inga I am not okay. This is turning out to be the worst birthday. And we are only a few hours into it." I put my head in my hands. I heard something rustling.

"You can go now Inga, I will be fine." I waited for Inga to leave. 

"Come on out Loki." I sighed and continued sulking. He sat down beside me. 

"I think you need to stop sulking. You are way too beautiful on your birthday to be crying." I looked at him with red eyes. I hadn't realize I was even crying.

"Loki, I am not in the mood for your silver tongue. You are definitely special to me. So answer me one thing; how long have you known?" His smirk dropped and he sighed. 

"Look Astrid I-" I stood up and turned to him. 

"You were the last person I would have ever thought to lie to me. We are best friends. Thank you for making my birthday even worse." I sighed and began to leave, but not before he grabbed my wrist. Same one as Thor did, I may have even flinched. 

"What was that?" He dropped my wrist and I pulled it to my chest. I shook my head. 

"Nothing, I must go to my chambers, or somewhere where nobody can find me." Loki looked slightly concerned.

"Fine, but take this. It is part of your birthday present." He handed me a black box with emerald green on it. I was shocked that he got me a gift. I began to open it slowly. I move the tissue paper away to find a beautiful Asgardian diamond necklace, with sapphires and emeralds into it.I gasped. 

"Loki, this is absolutely stunning, but why? You have never gotten me anything so extravagant." He looked at me and smirked. 

"You have always been gorgeous to me, I know we have always had a special connection, nobody can deny that. Oh please Astrid do not cry." He put his hand on my cheek, the chilled hand of the Frost Giant cooled my reddening face. 

"Loki, I just can't do this with you. Not yet. I am a broken piece of garbage. Just used and tossed out." I just sighed and left. I needed somewhere to go to beat someone up. I do not care what Elsa said about taking a couple of days off. I need to find Fandral. I need to fight.