Chapter 11

Astrid's POV

Dinner was served with mountains and mountains of my favorite foods. I sat in my usual spot next to Thor. I have been sitting in this seat since the beginning, now I dread it. I felt Thor's eyes on me.

"Can you not look at me? Thank you." I whispered, just loud enough for him to hear me.

"You never took off the ring." He sighed, I looked down at my hand and saw the shimmering diamonds. I gasped and rushed to take it off.

"It has been a very busy few days, I must have forgotten to take it off. Here. Take your stupid ring. I can't believe you wasted our friendship because you were in need of someone." I put the ring in his hand and closed it.

"Eh, Princess! You look like you need a drink!" I turned my head to see Volstagg coming towards me with drinks. I smiled and nodded. He handed me the drink and I downed it completely.

"Astrid, slow down. We need to get through dinner." Thor warned. I looked up to Odin and he just smiled.

"Dinner is over, gifts then time for the ultimate party. Astrid come up here, my dear." I got out of my chair and moved to the side chair beside Odin. He handed me a box.

"This was made just for you. I believe you were in need a new one." I opened the box and saw a brand new suit. It was silver and blue. It had the same cape style as loki's but it was a different shade of blue than the rest of the suit. I gave Odin a hug.

"This is perfect. Paired with the new weapon. You guys planned this out didn't you?" Odin smiled.

"Along with the weapon, I give you this." I nicely grabbed the box from Thors big hands. I opened it and saw that he got me a new pair of boots and a jacket. I smiled at him.

"I know you liked this style of training gear. You will do great things as a warrior." I hugged him, which shocked me as much as him.

"Oh, why the hug?" I coughed and backed away.

"We may no longer be anything, but we were friends once." We smiled at each other and Loki stood up next. He made a massive box out of thin air and smiled as he floated it towards me.

"It was too big too make the guards carry." I rolled my eyes.

"You not making the guards do something for once, wow, must really be my birthday!' I smiled and giggled at the face he made. I began to open the box, to reveal a bunch of comforting items.

"In there is a big-ass fuzzy blanket, a warm pair of pyjamas, some really nice satin sheets. Your big box of comfort. I thought you could use it with this." He said as he handed me another box. I opened it to find a whole lot of Asgardian books.

"A little bit of everything, some magic, some history, some Asgardian fairytales. I hope you enjoy them, Princess." He smirked and I got up to hug him. After a few extra lingering seconds, we pulled apart but his hands lingered on my hips.

"Alright me next!" Volstagg yelled, running up to me from the far end of the hall. He handed me a little box, I began to open it. It was a beautiful bracelet with a little charm on it.

"The charm represents your strength." O smiled and gave him a quick hug.

'You look absolutely stunning in a crown. You ate fit to be a queen' Loki pushed his way into my head. I glanced at him and smiled. Next Hogun gave me a similar box.

"If this is another bracelet I'm gonna need to grow another arm." I laughed as I unwrapped a beautiful little charm that fits on the bracelet.

"It represents your resilience." I smiled and gave him a hug and then Fandral smiled at me and gave me a big box. I looked at him quizzically but he just chuckled. I opened it to see a tiny charm way at the bottom.

"You needed this big of a box?" I laughed and reached for the charm, it had a little heart on it.

"This charm represents your wholesome heart. May it be complete one day." I smiled and gave him a hug.

The present giving went on for a few more gifts, I am never used to this amount of attention I receive on my birthday. Lots of gifts.

"Now that, that portion of the festivities is over with. Time to party!!!" I yelled getting an ale. The staff began to move the tables and food out of the way so we can have a dance floor. The Royal Asgardian band began to play some upbeat tunes as I made my way to the floor. It was time for me to let loose.

After dancing for a while, I decided to go take a seat up by Odin with another ale. Not sure how many I have downed so far.

"Letting loose?" He asked and I just chuckled and laughed.

"Can you blame me?" He shook his head and kept staring at the party.

"You know, you would make a great Queen my dear. Not just because you're fearless and have such a wholesome heart as Fandral said. But you have the poise and beauty of a queen. As I am sure our dear Late Frigga taught you. You do have the right to the Throne. If Thor does not straighten himself out, you will be next in line." He stated glaring at his pride and joy. I gasped and was speechless.

"But what about Loki? Isn't he next after Thor. I am younger than him. He is my best friend, I do not want to undermine him for this." I stared up at Odin as my mind became a mental war zone. I started to feel anxious, but I suppressed it.

"Loki is the God of Mischief, who had done some serious damage and harm to the people he is supposed to rule. He first has to gain their trust before he gets to the throne. He's done some terrible things Astrid, you know this. How bad do you think he'd be, if you didn't do what you did to get him out of that cell?" I stopped smiling for a minute when I remembered.

A year ago...

"Odin, please let him out." I begged Odin as we surveyed the cell of Loki. He just came back from Midgard after destroying it, due to the tesseract.

"No, Astrid. He needs to be punished. Even for a little time." He said sternly. He never got angry with me. I stood back before I made a proposition.

"If you let him out, I will always keep a watchful eye on him." I began my proposition, Odin looked at me.

"There needs to be more than that." I sighed and continued.

"I will attach my lifeline with his, so is he ever gets hurt badly, as will I." I stated strongly.

Today...

"I think he would still be in the cell." Odin nodded. I felt something in my mind and I looked around to find Loki staring at me with wide eyes.

"Excuse me, Odin. It is time to get some air." I walked to the balcony to admire the Asgardian beauty.

"What is wrong, Princess?" I glanced up to see Loki. I just shook my head and looked back out to the courtyard.

"Obviously it is something, your aura is so colorful, which means your mind is a mental war zone. So you will tell me what is wrong, or I will plunge into your mind." I sighed.

"Do you know how you got out that cell?" He shook his head.

"I struck a deal with Odin. Which if it comes down to it, will hurt a lot more to me. And stay out of my head. Let's go party." With that I walked back to the party.