Chapter 31

Astrid's POV

It took a lot not to show any discomfort from the prior event. I looked at the bracelets on my wrists and sighed. We continued eating with the King and Queen. 

"In light of all events this evening, our daughter has decided to withdraw her role as Crown Princess of Vanaheim, and will no longer be allowed on this realm." My eyes and head shot up to stare at them. They were just glaring at me. Loki grabbed my hand and his hands brushed over the bindings. 

"We decided for the Crown Princess will be undecided for the time being until we have found someone suitable enough." I lowered my head.

"Darling, it's okay, you are still Princess of Asgard." Loki said making me look at him. But all I could hear was the whispers around the court about what I could've done to decide to relinquish the title.

"She's the one who murdered the guard earlier!" My eyes widened, though I was not surprised due to the fact palace gossip travels fast.

"Loki, we need to escape to the room for right now. I know what needs to be done right now. We are not the only outsiders, can't you feel it?" I said and he nodded. We cast an illusion and escaped back to the room.

"I have to merge with Ragna. This is where we are the strongest. My darling prince, you must understand me. I love you." I said holding his hands in my mine while not breaking eye contact. He knows how dangerous.

"We have to do it fast, my love. You do what you need to do. I will do everything to make sure you are safe." I nodded and gave him a loving kiss. I went to the middle of the room and sat infront of the mirror.

'Ragna, it's time. Guide me through this process.'

'Yes Astrid. You need to allow me in. Give me permission to merge us together, under the circumstances of safety that I will take control to protect us. I will always be here, and whenever you need me all you had to do as ask. I vow to you to not take over your entire being, that we will both be inside not shut away.' I listened to her words and nodded.

'I acknowledge you and your power as my power source. Ragna I give you permission to merge with me. Under the circumstances we have previously mentioned.' I smiled and blinked so we can begin the trance of merging.

'Allow me to take you through the entire process. All you have to do is focus on the mirror. Do not be scared.' I nodded and began to focus on the mirror. That's when it started. The blue aura surrounded me and I saw Ragna emerge from my body as a ghostly being. She stood beside me and smiled, she was truly beautiful. She put her hand on my shoulder, and we began to merge. It hurt alot, because there was a whole new power.

After it was done, I blinked and fell backwards. Loki ran to my side.

"Astrid! Are you okay? How do you feel?" I blinked hard to readjust the focus. All I saw was blurry Loki.

"I feel powerful. Just tired and will have to readjust to having this much power." Then we heard screams in the palace and on the grounds. We go to the window, after Loki helps me up.

"Dark Elves?" I ask him trying to decipher the beings on the grounds. He nodded his head and glared hard.

"Yes. We must go battle. Regardless of what the King and Queen said. We are warriors."

"Heimdall, call the Warriors 3 and Thor. Dark Elves have infiltrated Vanaheim." I say aloud and changed into battle gear with my hand. Loki smiled and did the same. We ran out when we saw the Bifrost being activated and saw Thor swing mjolnir.

We battled very hard. The dark Elves came in massive amounts. Then the leader, Folduin, came in and looked at me.

"I've been looking for you for a long time, Astrid. Under the protection of Asgard, I was not able to view you. But as you are on Vanaheim, who is under my jurisdiction. I found you. You were the one born into a war, to stop me." I stood tall and looked him dead in the eye. We started to fight and I was winning with this new power I have. I had him pinned on the ground with my sword above his heart.

"Do it." I glared down at him. I started to lower my sword when I heard it. An agonizing scream in pain. I looked up, losing focus when I saw an Elf come behind Loki has he was battling another elf and stabbed his long jagged sword through Loki. He dropped and looked at me.

'I love you Princess.' He closed his eyes and Thor was over there in seconds trying to find a pulse. But while I was focused on Loki dying, Folduin snuck out from under me and tried to impale me, but I felt the movements and moved out of the way, so he got a little bit but not much.

"You are weak. You let a little love, wreck your chance of killing me. Well my dear, better luck next time." He said taking one more jab at me. I was numb, which means Ragna had taken over to make sure I didn't die. The dark Elves took their leave and I stumbled to Loki.

"NO!" I screamed out in agony and pain.

"Sister, we must go. Volstagg will grab Loki's body. We will take him to the healer on Asgard. But we need to go." I felt him pick me up and we got back to Asgard.

"It was a Galliant effort Warriors. You all deserve the rest." Odin met us in the gold dome. He looks at me in Thors arms and Lokis in Volstaggs. He sighs.

"Take them both to the healers. Separate rooms Thor. They need to heal on their own time." Then Thor makes his way to the Healing Ward.

"He's alive?" I ask weakly. I look up to Thor and he looks down sadly but nods.

"Barely, sister. He told me to tell you he loves you and will always be near." He knows he's dying, loki knows he is dying. I look up to Thor and gave him a slight smile before passing out due to whatever injuries I have.

I don't know how long I was out before I came too.

"Oh my dear, please rest." Elsa had said as I was starting to struggle.

"Loki, I need to see him." She sighed and looked at me sadly.

"No, Elsa. He's not dead! He can't be dead! I need him." I start to cry. She put her hand on my shoulder.

"You need to tell me."

"My dear, Prince Loki succumbed to his injuries shortly after we began to treat him. They were too grave for even me to fix him, I am sorry your highness." I broke down and just started crying. Elsa checked over my injuries and I just laid there. Numb. After she was done, she left me to get some rest.

I just curled into a comfortable position and cried. My Loki, was dead. And I was left to go on, alone.