How it SHOULD have gone - Jolex

"Is everything okay?" Amelia asked, noticing Jo was quiet today. "It's Alex..he hasn't been returning my calls." Amelia frowned. "Look I'm sure it's not what you think." "Maybe it is, maybe he left me." "Actually I was on a plane." Alex said from behind her, almost giving Jo a heart attack. "Alex!" She hugged him with such force Alex nearly fell, but he hugged her back. "Are you okay?" He asked warily. "Where the hell have you been?" Jo smacked his arms. "My Mom's, just like I said." "Could have fooled me, you haven't exactly been very talkative lately." "Look something happened while I was gone, I need to talk to you." Jo looked at him with curiosity. "In private preferably." Alex directed his eyes to Amelia. "Oh right, sorry. I'll be going. Jo I'll cover you." "Thanks." Jo flashed a smile at the woman, handing her the charts in her hand. "So what happened?" Jo asked, shutting the closet door behind them. "Izzie called me." "Izzie like that Izzie? Ex wife Izzie?" Jo asked, shocked at his words. "Yes that Izzie." "How'd she get your number?" "I don't know, phonebook, Mer, it doesn't matter." "Well why did she call?" Jo asked curiously. "She had my kids Jo." Jo's eyes widened, speechless. "I'm sorry what? Did you guys-" "No of course not! Remember years ago you found the IVF thing, when she had the cancer and we were married and I stored my y'know." "Right, right. Um, so what did she say?" "I have kids Jo, two of em. Eli and Alexis." "Have you thought about what to do?" "I don't know, you're my wife, I think you should be involved in this decision." "They're your kids Alex, you have to be in their lives. Don't you want that?" "Of course I do, but if I see them then I see Izzie." Alex said simply. "So what?" Jo asked. "I don't know, just it'll be weird. I mean why did she have my kids in the first place, we're not together." "Well look at you, who could blame her." Jo smirked. "Shut up." Alex chuckled. "Apparently she lives on a farm now in Kansas, like that Dorothy chick." "Hey, that film is a classic." Jo scolded. "Whatever. Back to the kids, Izzie wants me to meet them. But why tell me now? Why all these years later?" "I don't know." Jo shrugged. "That's something only she could answer." "I mean should I apply for shared custody? Do I have them here on some weekends or something? Do they come here for the summer? What about you?" "Ask Meredith what to do. She knows Izzie, I don't." Jo shrugged. "I'm not leaving you for her though Jo, even if she did have my kids. You know that right?" Jo smiled and cupped his face. "I know that Alex. If you were gonna do that you wouldn't have come back to Seattle and told me the truth." Alex kissed Jo and wrapped his arms around her waist. "I love you. I hate that I've put you in this situation." "You didn't know Izzie was gonna have the insemination." Jo said simply. "I mean I know I signed the papers but I guess I didn't think she'd ever do anything." Alex said, more directing his words to himself. "I should get Mer's opinion, she usually sets me straight with this kinda stuff." "Probably. Good luck." "Thanks. See you at home?" He asked hopefully. "Bring pizza." Jo called out as he left the room.