Chapter 39

Tristan, Connor and Molly are all waiting on the corner by the cafe "Hey." I smile "Everything ready?" they all nod and Connor grins "We have the music prepared and Molly has her camera and stand at the ready. Do you have the ring?" I nod patting my pocket "I'm going to go pick up Jodie. I'm nervous, any advice?" Molly grins "Just be yourself. Jodie loves you, just tell her how you feel." I nod "Got it."

Jodie P/O/V:

I stare in the mirror a moment longer brushing my fingers through my hair before grabbing my phone and putting it in my bag. Brad appears at the door leaning against the frame in a pair of black trousers and a suit jacket over a white shirt "You look handsome." he grins "And you look beautiful as ever."

We walk out the house "Where are we going?" he turns grinning "Its a surprise

We walk out the house "Where are we going?" he turns grinning "Its a surprise." I smile and he takes my hand in his as we walk along the Thames the city lights reflecting of the water. We reach a park and Brad steps behind me placing his hands over my eyes "Keep walking forward." I laugh "Promise you won't let me fall?" he chuckles "I promise." I take several steps forward letting him guide me. Finally we stop "Ready?" I nod and he removes his hand revealing a picnic blanket with food, candles and wine. "Brad this is wonderful." 

"You like it?" I nod beaming "I love it." turning to face him I find that he looks very uncomfortable and is fiddling with his cuff "What's wrong?" he shakes his head "Nothing is wrong?" Music starts playing softly from somewhere and I look around trying to find the source. Brad reaches out taking my hands in his "Jodie Hodgson I love you with all my heart and will continue to do so. If you would let me I'd like to spend the rest of my life continuing to do so." he lowers himself onto one knee holding out a beautiful ring "Jodie Hodgson will you make me the happiest man on the planet, will you marry me?" 

" he lowers himself onto one knee holding out a beautiful ring "Jodie Hodgson will you make me the happiest man on the planet, will you marry me?" 

A large smile spreads across my face as I nod vigorously "Yes, a thousand times yes." he stands slipping the ring onto my finger before wrapping an arm around my waist spinning us around and kissing me gently. I wrap my arms around his neck smiling into the kiss "I love you Jodie Hodgson." I laugh giddily "I love you too." he places me down still with his arms around my waist "Mrs Simpson, I like that. Suits you." 

I giggle kissing him once more "I love you so much Brad Simpson." he runs his fingers through my hair brushing his lips over my forehead "We're getting married." I nod and he starts to sway to the music pulling me along with him "Yes we are." we sit on the blanket and Brad reaches for the wine filling two glasses "To us." I clink my glass against his pressing my lips to his "To us."