Chapter 11

The next morning I wake up with a start and hit my alarm annoyed. I roll out of bed and rub my eyes staring at the lanyard on my desk. Yesterday comes flooding back to me and I grin jumping up and walking over to my wardrobe. Changing into a t-shirt and jeans I walk into the kitchen picking up Chewie and spinning around tickling behind his ears.

Putting him back down I fill up his food bowl and look in the cupboards for breakfast. I take out some chocolate chip cookies and eat a couple. I down a cup of water; then find my phone, keys, headphones and coat. Pulling on my coat I stuff everything in my pocket and look around on the counter for my wallet.

Finding it I put it in my pocket and stroke Chewie "Do you want to come into work today?" he barks and I smile "Well you don't have much of a choice, come on." He bounds over to the door and I put his lead on before walking out and locking the door. Chewie sniffs around the corridor before walking towards the lift dragging me along.

My phone rings and I take out grinning at the caller ID "Hello?" "Hi, I was wondering if you wanted to go out again tonight?" I smile and pick up Chewie as we walk into the lift "I would love to." Chewie yaps and I shush him. Brad laughs "Great I'll pick you up around six." I smile "Sounds good." He hangs up and I slip my phone into my pocket as I walk outside.

I put Chewie back on the ground and walk towards the underground Chewie jumping around happily. I smile broadly and walk down into the underground picking up Chewie and putting him on my lap when I get on the train.

Getting off the train I carry Chewie through the station putting him down once we are outside. He barks happily and starts chasing a piece of paper. I smile and lightly pull him after me. Pushing open the café door Chewie runs over to Molly. I wave slightly and pull on my apron "Morning." She smiles "Good morning, how did you sleep?" I shrug "Once I got to sleep very well."

I pause and watch Chewie settle on the floor at the corner of the counter. "Why are all their songs about staying awake?" Molly bursts out laughing "I don't know." I smile and we serve the people who come in. Around lunch two people walk in with their hoods up and sunglasses on. They both smile and approach the counter.

They push back their hoods and take of their sunglasses revealing Tristan and Connor. "Hi." They both smile and Connor leans on the counter "If Brad asks we're not here," I nod slightly confused and he continues "he doesn't know where to take you tonight so we're being helpful and asking you. Even though he told us not to."

Molly and I laugh "Well I like the Italian place, Taormina I think it's called. Anywhere that sells pizza basically." Molly laughs and turns to Tristan "Coffee?" he nods and Connor grins "Two black coffees please." She nods and Connor turns back to me "We shall tell Brad that anywhere with pizza is good." I smile and nod "We both really enjoyed the concert last night."

He grins "Thank you, Brads not letting Blake forget that we won the competition." I laugh and Molly appears placing two coffees on the counter "You only just won." They both shrug and take their coffees putting the money on the counter "Enjoy the rest of your day." They wave and walk out. I grin "I can't wait for tonight." Molly laughs "Well have fun." I nod and stare at the clock begging it to go faster.

The rest of the day slowly ticks by and when it gets to closing time I whoop loudly. Molly jumps but laughs "You can go I'll clean up. Tell me all about it tomorrow." I nod and grab my coat "Thanks, come on Chewie time to go." He jumps up yapping excitedly and runs to the door staring at it. I laugh and pull on mu coat "See you tomorrow." I wave and attach Chewie's lead letting him me outside. For such a small dog he is surprisingly strong. Once we get back home I pick Chewie up and run up the stairs.