Chapter 4

I wake up to my phone buzzing with my alarm. I sigh turning it off and sitting up. Everything comes flooding back from yesterday and I jump out of bed flinging open my wardrobe.

Okay, what to wear? I go through several outfits and settle on jeans and black t-shirt. Brushing my hair I walk through to the kitchen and take some chocolate biscuits out of the cupboard. Quickly pouring food and water into Chewie's bowl. "Harvey will come get you at ten for a walk okay."

He barks and runs around my feet as I eat my breakfast, downing a glass of water I walk into the bathroom and do my teeth. I smile into the mirror "I have a date with Brad Simpson!" I grin and take a deep breath to calm myself down and walk out the bathroom back into the kitchen.

Grabbing phones, keys and a coat I cuddle Chewie then walk out into the hallway locking the door. Practically running downstairs, I smile at Thomas who is pining something to the notice board and walk outside joining the flow of people on the street. I walk down into the underground people pushing past to get onto the train first.

I manage to get a seat and watch the stations fly by. I almost miss my stop while daydreaming about later. Running out onto the street I walk into the café and smile at Molly who is standing behind the counter serving an elderly couple coffee. I walk over and hang my coat up, pulling on my apron.

"Looking forward to later?" I grin and nod "A bit nervous and I don't know if I'll be able to talk properly." She nods and I continue "I saw him again yesterday in the park." She smiles "How did it go?" I shrug "Alright I think, I managed to talk to him." She nods and leans on the counter "Have fun."

I nod and watch the time tick by helping serve the odd customer who walks in. At twelve I turn my attention to the door and stare at it. Molly laughs "If you stare any harder you'll burn holes in it." I smile and turn to glare at her just as the door opens.

Wow. Brad is wearing tight black jeans, trainers and a loose shirt with sleeves rolled up his arms. I stamp on Molly's foot before she can say anything and smile "Hi." He grins "You ready to go?" I nod and grab my coat handing my apron to Molly "I'll cover you if the boss turns up." "Thank you." She nods "Have fun." 

Brad grabs my hand and we walk out the café and towards the nearest park. "How've you been?" I smile "Good, you?" he shrugs "Alright." I nod still smiling "Were we going?" he smiles "A small coffee shop that I go to a lot because it's always empty."

I nod "Sounds good." We walk into the park several people staring. I ignore them and have the same thing running through my head: I'm on a date with Brad Simpson! Brad turns off the main path onto a smaller one leading to a small building with a glass front. Brad opens the door gesturing with his hand for me to walk inside. Inside is small with a bar along the far wall and four small tables and one long one against the window.

It is practically empty except for an elderly couple in the far corner and a woman behind the bar. We walk over and she beams "Brad its good to see you again, and this time you have company." He nods "Ellie this is Jodie." She smiles and I wave slightly "Hi." She smiles brightly "It's lovely to meet you, what do you want to drink?"

I smile "Just a black coffee please with lots of sugar." She nods and Brad orders a cappuccino and a large slice of chocolate cake. He pays and we go sit by the window.