Chapter 12

Once back in my apartment I put him down and he runs around before settling in his bed. I smile and grab a bread roll from the kitchen before walking into my room. I finish my roll and have a quick shower. I then stare at my open wardrobe, what to wear?

I choose a simple dress with a white top with long sleeves and a black polka dot skirt. I also put on some black tights and boots to match. 

a coat

a coat. Pulling them on I find some suitable shoes and walk back into the kitchen putting my phone into my pocket. Chewie runs at me and I pick him up stroking his head "Are you going to be good while I'm out?" he barks happily and I smile putting him back down. I refill his food and water then sit on the sofa waiting. It gets to quarter to six when my phone buzzes So sorry but what's your address?.

I smile and text it to him. He replies with a smiley face. I stare at the blank screen of my phone for a while and jump when the doorbell rings. I jump to my feet and practically run to the door skidding to a holt in front of it. I take a deep breath and compose myself before opening the door. Brad grins "Hey." I smile he is wearing black jeans and a loose fitting white shirt with the top few buttons undone. I smile "Hey."

"You ready to go?" I nod and grab my keys of the counter and walk out and lock the door before walking side by side with Brad to the lift. The doors open and we step inside. The ride down seems to be longer than normal and have to keep reminding myself not to stare. "Are you alright?" I nod and smile reassuringly, he grins "Nervous?" I shrug slightly "A little." He nods and takes my hand in his gently "Me too."

The lift doors open and the two of us walk outside "I hope it's okay we're walking, it's not very far." I nod and smile brightly "That's fine." He nods and we walk hand in hand. We come to a stop outside a small Italian restaurant that I've never really noticed before called Bella ristorante and Brad opens the door "After you." I blush slightly and smile "Thank you." He nods and a waiter walks over "How can I help you Sir?" Brad smiles "Table for two under the name Simpson."

The waiter looks at the book in front of him and nods "Ah yes, if you will follow me please." We follow him through the restaurant which is surprisingly big and he stops by a small table along the back wall "Here we are, I will get you some menus." He disappears again and Brad pulls out one of the seats "My lady." I blush and sit down he smiles and sits opposite me.

The waiter reappears and hands us both a menu "The specials today are beef cannelloni with roast asparagus or fried white fish with new potatoes and salad." He bows his head slightly and walks off to another table. I look around and see that it is relatively quiet with only a few other tables occupied. Brad smiles slightly "Would you like some wine to drink or something else?" I smile "I was going to have lemonade."

He nods "You can have what you want." I smile and glance over the menu already knowing what I'm going to order "I think I'm going to have the beef cannelloni, what about you?" I smile "Margarita pizza." He smiles and nods "Should I order some chips for the table?" I nod "Sounds good to me." He smiles and the waiter reappears holding a notepad "Is the couple ready to order?"

Brad nods "I'll have the beef cannelloni." He smiles at me and I turn to the waiter "Margarita pizza please." He nods "Of course and can I get you any drinks?" Brad smiles "A lemonade and I'll have any beer you recommend. Also can we have a bowl of chips for the table." The waiter smiles and nods "Of course, I will be right back with your drinks."