True Ending - Loneliness

Black

Black. Just black. Even when my eyes opened I was surrounded by black. Nothingness all around and floating through it all was me, am insignificant human. A human who brought happiness to few and heartbreak to others. A human who was gifted something millions would want.

Everything was the way I wanted it to be.

The people I wanted to meet, see, hear... They were here.

A small light, just out of my reach shimmered. I reached for it, desperate to have something, anything, other than this lonely dark. My fingers brushed it and I felt all my memories come back. The laughter, the joy and everything that I felt with them. Gold, blue, red, green, brown, pink; colors.

The black was gone. And all there was were colors now. I just needed to reach hard enough, drag myself if I needed to.

My fingers twitched and pain spread through my body. But I kept reaching. Kept moving through the pain. I can move, I can reach them! With ounce of power in my body I pushed forward. Pain was nothing compared to the euphoria I would feel when I meet them again. I will meet them again.

A door further away. My cheeks were wet from tears, my body aching for me to stop. But I wouldn't— couldn't stop. I wanted to meet them again. My classmates, my friends, everyone.

Oya, I'm sorry for everything I've done to you. Ona, I'm sorry I couldn't do anything. Sorry U.A. for being so bad at being a hero. Sorry villains who I lead on without an ending. Sorry everyone who I couldn't protect.

The tears just kept on coming, and this time they weren't because my body ached, they were because my soul ached.

"If this is goodbye, then I want to say that I regret everything I've ever done wrong," I yelled. "I'm sorry for every bad thing I've done and I promise if I got a second chance I won't do it again."

Suddenly, the silence was filled with the laughter, the joy of everyone I knew. My heart ached to meet them again. To feel their warm embrace once more, just once more, and I pushed on. I moved whatever body part I could.

I wanted to meet them, hug them, kiss them. I wanted to hold them so close that I could feel their bones. I wanted their laughter to be next to my ears, to feel their happiness up close. I wanted to make them feel good, safe and secure around me.

My sadness soon turned into determination, and I sucked up all the pain to push through once more. My hand grabbed the knob and with all my power I pulled the door open.

A knew smell, a warm smell, hit me. I felt my tears build up as I took a step out the door. "Wake up honey! It's time to go to school! I've made grilled fish, rice, miso soup, and pickles!" Oya. "Honey?" My mother/father stepped out of the kitchen to look at me crying on top of the stairs.

"Honey!" They rushed at me and pulled me into an embrace. "Honey, are you okay? Should I ring your mom/dad?"

"I-" My (e/c) eyes stared into theirs. A smile broke out as I grinned like an idiot. "I'm home Oya!"

They smiled back at me. "Yes. Yes you are, my love." They gave me small peck on the forehead and caressed my hair. "Now, you don't have to go to school if you don't want to today, okay?"

"No, Oya. I wanna go." I smiled. "I just... had a nightmare." They smiled back, standing up to fix my breakfast for me again.

"Wait!" They turned back as I nervously fiddled with my sleeves. "We're still in Japan, right?" They nodded and chuckled lightly when I sighed.

Dressing up in the uniform gave me with nostalgia, and after eating and thanking Oya for the meal, I exited the house, filled with curiosity if I would see the purple boy again. And sure enough, there he was running towards me. My heart was conflicted on whether I should trust him.

"Hey, (y/n)! How's it going?" He asked, cheerful as ever. "You settling in well?"

I smiled back and hummed in agreement. "It's nice here."

"I'm glad!" He laughed, grabbing my hand and pulling me with him. "But if we don't rush, we'll be late!" We started sprinting down the street, while I tried to swallow the lump in my throat.

We made it school in time but only by our teeth. But before we opened the door, the purple haired boy turned to me. "Thank you, Blackbird. Without you I wouldn't have realized what a part of me was doing." He grabbed my hands and pulled me closer. "Will you give me a second chance?"

I gulped down hard and nodded. He smiled lightly, reaching down and kissing my cheek. "I think we should head in, right?"

"Yeah. Let's see those two idiots again." Just before he opened the door, a grabbed his hands. "Mu-chan... I was thinking and... I wanna be a hero. And this time it's not for anyone else. It's not to meet the main characters. I wanna be hero. A hero that saves people because she wants to. And that's what I'm gonna be. And no matter what happens, I promise that this hero will save you. Forever."

"Forever? As many time loops it will take for me to control myself."

I grinned from ear to ear. "Forever."