... | Chapter 7

"Excuse me, Lumine!"

Lumine quickly turned her head to face the owner of the voice.

"Oh hello Katheryn." Lumine smiled while walking over to her.

"Do you think you could take the basket to Verr Goldet? She's at Wangshuu Inn!" Katheryn held out a rather large basket infront of her.

"I was just about to head there so I'll obviously take this box with me!" Lumine picked up the basket as she began heading out of Mondstadt.

"T-Thank you again lumine!" Katheryn quickly yelled.

.

.

.

Lumine stumbled as her foot hit a rock. She accidentally dropped the basket and fell onto the rocky pathway.

"Lumine! You should take a break, you've been walking for a whole hour now ok?" Paimon auicjly flew over to the girl.

Lumine sat up as she looked at her arm. It had a cut on it.

"No. I have to get this basket to Wangshu Inn." She was determined. She wasn't planning on stopping anytime soon.

"Well at least eat some food, you're probably starving!" Paimon sighed while picking up a smaller box and putting it back into the basket.

Lumine also grabbed a small box and put it in the basket as she thought for a moment. She sighed as she stood up again.

She pulled the basket to the side of the road and sat on the grass with Paimon. It was an open field that surprisingly had no monsters in it.

Lumine silently sat down as she gave Paimon some fisherman's toast. She also pulled out a mushroom skewer for herself.

Paimon smiled as she took a bite of the toast. She looked at lumine to see she was taking small bites.

"I.. I don't know what to do." Lumine suddenly said. Her expression was full of sorrow and disappointment. Paimon couldn't tell what she disappoint about.

"What do you mean?" Paimon asked while floating closer to Lumine.

Lumine huffed as she rested her forehead on her knees. She used her arms to cover the sides of her head.

"I've tried everything Paimon! I just.. can't do it. I can't find Aether.." Lumine's voice slightly cracked at the end. She was obviously breaking.

Paimon flew to her side and hugged her. Lumine had been keeping up this facade the moment she lost her brother.

It was true, she HAD tried everything. She's even tried waiting at the place she first met Paimon.

But nothing was working.