Memories | Chapter 13

Lumine gently opened the door and looked around. Soon she heard an unmistakable voice.

"Where have you been? It's almost dark out! And why is he with you?" Paimon flew straight up to Xiao's face.

Lumine laughed as she took off her shoes.

"Nice to see you too, Paimon. Did I leave you enough to eat?" Lumine laughed while taking Xiao's spear and leaning it against the wall.

"Ya ya paimon is fine!" Paimon huffed while sitting on the bed.

Xiao walked over to the book shelf and gently grabbed a book with a cutely drawn picture on the front of it.

"Xiao, would you like some almond tofu?" Lumine asked while walking over to his side.

Xiao nodded his head before putting the book back and sitting on the bed he had slept on the night before.

Lumine smiled before leaving to the kitchen down stairs.

"Hey, why are you here anyways? I thought you had adeptis stuff to deal with?" Paimon asked while looking as Xiao.

Xiao hesitated slightly but quickly looked away. "Lumine asked me to stay here one more night before I left again."

Paimon didn't say a thing. She knew the real reason Lumine wanted him to stay. It was to obvious.

She sighed as she quickly flew over to the book shelf. She took the same book off of the shelf he had earlier and flew over to him with it.

"I'm assuming lumine has told you about her plans." Paimon sat down beside Xiao as she began flipping through the pages.

She stopped and showed him the pictures inside.

Xiao picked up the book and the pictures were lumine and another boy who looked like her.

"That's Lumine's twin, he's the whole reason she's even in this world to begin with. They got separated and now she can't find him. No one has even lifted a finger to help her. Try not to turn out like them." Paimon sighed as she left to go accompany Lumine.

Xiao watched her leave as he thought about those words.

Images and recordings played on loop in his head of lumine every time he looked at a new picture. They were all from years ago.

The corners were ripped and folded as the paper was yellow and brown.

The tape holding the pictures down was also coming less sticky as the years went on.

Lumine and her brother looked so happy and inseparable.

.

.

.

Xiao gently closed the book as he placed it back on the shelf.

And soon enough lumine and paimon joined him in the room.

"Lumine has made delicious food!" Paimon cooed over the smell as she helped her place them on the table.

Xiao walked over as lumine smiled at him.

"You didn't have to make me anything." Xiao sighed while sitting beside Lumine.

Lumine lightly punched his shoulder as she laughed. "Of course I did!" She handed him a plate of almond tofu as he scoffed.

"You have no respect for the adepti."