Chapter 20

(Skipping to near the end of the Childe fight because yk how we be lazy)

Lumine felt her head throb with pain as she pushed her upper body up. She felt blood stain her side as pain coursed through her body.

She reached to Paimon and moved the rock she was stuck under to help her up.

"You ok?" Lumine pulled her friend towards her as Paimon shook dust off her head.

"Paimon's fine! Are you ok?" Paimon looked around to find Childe as he walked closer.

Lumine let go of Paimon as she quickly hid the cut in her side.

.

.

.

Childe reached his hand inside the statue as Lumine and Paimon gasped.

He pulled his hand out to have nothing. He chuckled and closed his hand as he quickly jumped down.

"You're really smart you know? You already took the Gnosis and tried to hide it. That doesn't matter now..." Childe laughed as dozens of sigils of permission formed around him.

"I'll summon the Osinal to deal with you two since I know you can't let the whole nation die."

Lumine quickly put away her weapon and began heading for Liyue. The laughter of the Fatui Harbinger could be heard as they left.

A great monster had emerged as they neared closer. Many of her friends and other were there.

Such as Ningguang, Keqing, Ganyu, and even Xiao.

She could feel her energy lowering as the pain in her side was hard to bare any longer.

.

To THAT cut scene

.

She felt the ground beneath her disappear as she watched Paimon grow farther and farther away.

The way Paimon chased after her and tried to catch her while she fell, was truly heart breaking.

However, she felt the familiar presence of a yakasha as he grabbed onto her.

Lumine felt the ground beneath her as Xiao held onto her hand.

He threw her arm over his shoulder and held onto her hand and waist to support her. She could feel him stiffen when he accidentally felt the cut in her side, making her wince.

.

.

"I'm going to sacrifice the jade chamber. Traveler, if you would please." Ningguang looked away as everyone seemed rather shocked.

Lumine nodded as she walked to the middle and quickly stabbed her sword into the ground. She felt Xiao grabbed her once more as it became unstable.

Soon everyone was on the docks as the beast was blown up by the chamber.

Lumine smiled as she slightly leaned for against Xiao.

"I'll be back in a moment." Xiao quickly grabbed Paimon as he disappeared with the traveler.

Xiao let go of Paimon as he gently laid Lumine on the grass in a lit up cave.

"Hey! What's going on?" Paimon put her hands on her hips as she stared at Xiao.
Xiao ignored her as he disappeared and reappeared in seconds. Although when he returned, he held a med kit.

Paimon quickly flew over to Lumine as she examined her.

It was at that moment she realized how hurt she was.. Lumine was bleeding from her side, nose, and she had a bruise on the side of her head.

"It's my fault you had to fight that sea monster you know." Lumine laid her hand on his knee as she talked.

Xiao stayed silent as Paimon sat beside Lumine.

Xiao gently rubbed his thumb along the bruise on her head. He furrowed his eyes as he could tell she was in pain.

"Where did you get these wounds?" His voice was almost a whisper. Paimon held onto Lumine's hand as she slightly sniffled.

"When I found the fatui.. in the golden house. It was when the floor collapsed." Lumine slightly tightened her grip on Paimons hand as Xiao took something out of the box he had.

"I got this med kit from Baizhu at Bubu Pharmacy." Xiao explained as he wiped the blood from her nose.

Then he took a small bottle out and read the label on it.

"This may sting. It's a disinfectant liquid." Xiao sighed as he poured the clear liquid from the bottle onto a small rag.

Lumine slightly sat up. Xiao supported her by letting her leans against his knee as he cleaned her wound.

She winced as the stinging grew. She dug her nails into her palm until it was over.

"You don't have to do this you know?" Lumine sobbed as Xiao put his hand on her back.

"You would've passed oht if I didn't help you. Plus I'm not sure you would have the strength to even heal yourself." Xiao stayed quiet for a bit as he looked at the bloody rag.

"Paimon, will you go wash this off when you come back make sure it is slightly damp." Xiao handed Pimon the rag before she flew out of the cave.

Xiao gently took Lumine's hand in his and kissed the back of it. He quickly apologized but didn't let go of her hand.

"We'll that's new..." Lumine smiled as her eyes were heavier every minute her grip tightened on Xiao's hand as she blush rise to her cheeks.

"Why did you have that look before I saved you?" Xiao suddenly asked. He seemed nervous or more scared.

"What look?" Lumine stared up at him as she saw his worried look.

"Like you accepted your death." Xiao's head dropped as he said that. The cave grew quiet beside the small dripping of rain.

Paimon quickly flew back into the cave and laid the rag in Xiao's hand.

He furrowed his eyes as he placed the rag on her side. He tore off the draped sleeve he had and tied it around Lumine's waist.

She groaned as pressure was put onto the wound.

"There. That'll do for now." Xiao picked up Lumine as Paimon held onto his shoulder.