Chapter 19

(Skipping some parts because I don't remember most of it 🥲)

"So Mr. Zhongli, why are we collecting various riches?" Paimon asked while Lumine looked at the list written on paper.

"It is for Rex Lapis. We must get the best kind we can. Shops often get average stones for high prices." Zhongli explained as he examined a piece of Cor Lapis.

Lumine nodded her head as he explained. She felt a warm hand tap on her shoulder as she was about begin walking with Zhongli again.

She turned to face whoever tapped her, and to her surprise, Xiao was there. He seemed rather startled.

"Xiao?" Paimon slightly yelled.

"I heard Rex Lapis... died?" Xiao's face quickly turned into confusion as he stared at Zhongli.

"Mor—" He quickly shut himself up as if he was silenced.

Lumine looked back and forth at the two before Xiao excused himself and disappeared. She followed Zhongli as he began walking again.

"He is an adeptus, correct?" Zhongli suddenly asked.

"Hm? Oh yea he is."

"Is he always like that? He seems to know you well to show up at your side." Zhongli slightly chuckled as he said the last part.

"Not usually, he's usually pretty straight forward and blunt to be honest, but he's also nice if he trusts you." Lumine smiled as she stopped in front of the bank with Zhongli.

"He taste are pretty boring though. All he eats is almond tofu!" Paimon groaned as she shook her head.

"That's nice to know. Goodbye, Lumine." Zhongli waved as he quickly left.

Lumine smiled as she walking into the bank.

.

.

.

"Hey girlie!"