𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟽

Dahlia's POV:

"What?" Harry said softly.

"My parents died 10 years ago yesterday."

I could barely get that sentences out of my mouth. I know it's been a long time now but it feels like yesterday. I was 16 and I was sleeping over at Estella's, I had gotten into a fight with my parents a couple hours before.

They were going out to get dinner but got hit by a drunk driver who missed the stop sign. By the time we got to the hospital, they were already dead.

Being an only child, I was really awkward with other kids except for E of course. But my parents always made me feel accepted and loved. They were my best friends.

"Dahlia, baby I'm so sorry."
I could hear the sympathy in his voice, "What can I do for you?"

I say nothing, I just wrap my arms around him and sob. "I love you Harry, so much."

He hugged me tighter and said,
"I've loved you since the day I saw you."

I look up at him and weakly smile, "Really?"
"Yup."

I wasn't expecting that.

We hug for a little longer and then decide to go to bed. I just need him to be here with me right now, I've been so stressed this week I need to sleep.

—————————————-

Harry's POV:

Last night when Dahlia told me what was wrong, I felt so bad for her. I could tell she was hurting and I just needed to be with her.

When she told me she loved me, I've never been so happy. To be honest, I was nervous because I wasn't sure that she would feel the same way.

This morning we decided to go to the beach and just enjoy ourselves. We had to run to her house so she could feed the animals and grab her swimsuit.

Bella has been home alone this week so I told Dahlia that we should take her and she seemed to like that idea.

Before leaving I grabbed the camera I bought for her, we haven't had the chance to use it lately but I have a feeling we will today.

The sun just began to rise and for the first time I've been here it's really hot out, which make it the perfect beach day.

Dahlia is wearing a grey dress with a jacket, I don't know how she's not sweating like crazy. When we set everything up she walks towards the ocean with her arms out feeling the breeze.

So I take a picture:

Bella starts digging a hole which makes us laugh so I'm assuming she wants a picture too

The entire day is going so well until I hear a camera click, and it wasn't ours.