Chapter 4

The heavy metal door opened abruptly and sucked the air around Amina, jolting her from where she stood in the entrance way.  She took a tiny step backwards to right herself and proceeded to bow deeply.  "Annyeonghaseyo... My name is Eun Amina.  I'm with..." Amina paused for a split second as her eyes met her greeter.  She recognized him immediately and her heart skipped a beat because she now knew the identity of her patient. Her lips parted slightly in surprise.  "I'm with...," she began again, "Seoul National University Hospital.  I'm here accompanying Dr. June Park for today's appointment." 

Seungri, on the other hand, was slow to re-act.  Laughing moments before, the smile on his face still lingered as he took in the girl standing before him.  Although she was dressed simply and looked unassuming, there was no denying her beauty.  Her nose was slightly pert on her heart-shaped face.  Her top lip was slightly fuller than her bottom lip, but both were equally pinkish red as if she had been biting on them all morning.  She had slightly arched eyebrows and thick black eyelashes that framed her expressive brown eyes.  Her hair, tied back in a low bun, only accentuated her soft cheekbones.  He couldn't see the rest of her body under the heavy coat, but he could tell she was petite - no taller than 5'2". 

After several moments of awkward silence, Amina tentatively asked, "May I come in?"

A blush crept up Seungri's neck when he realized that he'd been caught staring. He bit his lip to stop himself from further smiling like an idiot and bowed deeply several times.  "Mianhaeyo, mianhaeyo... please come in." 

Seungri's expressive apology made Amina smile shyly.  When she debuted, she had experienced similar reactions from old creepy men or gawky teenage boys, but they usually didn't stare so openly at her.  She had her mother's looks, so it was something she aware of and downplayed all her life.  She kindly diverted her eyes so he could compose himself.

Amina took that opportunity to survey her surroundings. It was very modern and masculine.  The smell of Seungri's expensive cologne lingered, but the rest of the apartment smelled clean and airy.  At that moment, Boram came out of his room to see if the visitors he was expecting had arrived or not.  Once he spotted Amina, he exchanged words of greeting and motioned for her to come further into the living area.  "I expect you're here for the care-taker position?  Where is Dr. Park?"

"Yes I am.  Dr. Park is running a couple of minutes late, but will be here soon."

"Very well then, please take a seat and I'll see if Youngbae is ready for the appointment. Seungri?" Boram inquired when he realized the maknae was still standing and staring at their guest.  "Don't you have somewhere to go?"

"Huh?... Yes," Seungri scowled, "I'm leaving."  He turned towards Amina.  "So, you're really a nurse?" he laughed. "Well, I'll be damned..."

"Um, not exactly.  More like a physician assistant..."  Amina hoped her little lie wasn't too far off the mark.  She couldn't tell what was so funny.

Seungri extended his hand and held onto hers.  He smiled and gazed into her eyes.  "Well, it was nice meeting you.  Since you're working with Youngbae hyung, I guess I'll see you around then.  Annyeong."

"Annyeong," replied Amina.  It took a few seconds longer before he finally released her hand.  The moment was so awkward; Amina couldn't help but return his smile.  The maknae was cute with a sexy undertone.  He had a twinkle in his eyes and Amina could see why he was such a ladies' man. He took his leave and Amina was left to herself in the living area. 

Boram moved down the hallway and soon Amina heard low masculine voices, but couldn't make out what they were saying.  After taking off her coat, Amina smoothed down her hair and grabbed her purse to put on more lip balm.  She re-checked her phone again for messages and brought out her notepad and pen.  The sound of water running and doors opening and closing in the apartment could be heard faintly.  After the fifth random doodle, Amina grabbed her scribbles, crumbled them up, and shoved it deep down her bag.  Stop fidgeting!  Why are you nervous? You can do this... don't act like an idiot.  He's just a guy.  A regular... normal... guy. Amina kept chanting the words to herself and eventually the nerves went away.  She needed to remain professional.  Her career depended upon this job.