Chapter 34

Time stopped as they stared at one another, neither one willing to make the first move.

"Ah, hyung," Seungri hesitantly said, breaking the awkward silence.  "Where's everyone else at?"

Youngbae looked one last time at Amina before raising his glance to address Seungri. "Daesung went to the restroom... and Jiyong's smoking."  He looked over his shoulder towards Jiyong's white Bentley which was parked a few spots away.  Very faintly, they could see the orange tip of Jiyong's cigarette as he took in deep long drags.

"Oh good... I think I want a smoke too." Seungri said, ignoring Youngbae's raised eyebrows. He started forward, moving away from them.  "Isn't there something you want to talk to Amina noona about?" Seungri called over his shoulder.

Amina looked over at Seungri, catching the devilish expression on his face. "Seungri," Amina hissed, her teeth clenched.  But he didn't acknowledge her as he continued walking, too far away now to hear her plea. She told herself that was the last time she trusted him again.  Amina shook her head and turned on her heel, heading in the opposite direction.

"Amina..."

She faltered, hearing the strain in Youngbae's voice.  But she kept walking, rounding the corner of the building into the dark alley way.  She heard his footsteps behind her and slowed down.  There was no way she'd be able to outrun him in her heels.

Amina took a deep breath and turned around, her eyes turning wary as he walked the few spaces in between them.

"What do you want?" she started, feeling the need to get this over with.  "More chances to torture me with your presence?  Was my note not clear enough for you?"  Her voice quavered and hitched as the emotions came flooding back.  "I was doing fine... until you decided to torment me with your gifts." 

She saw him flinch at her words.

"But maybe it's not enough for you..." She felt hot tears slid down her cheeks and angrily wiped them away.  "Maybe you find some perverse pleasure in reminding me of something I can't have."

"Baby..." He closed the steps in between them and grabbed her arms.

"Stop," she pleaded, shaking his hands off of her.  She looked into his eyes and begged.  "Why are you doing this?"  Her lips trembled as she waited for him to respond.

"I..." He felt his throat close up, the confession on his lips. 

Amina looked up into the dark night sky and bitterly shook her head.  "You know what?" She looked at him.  "It doesn't matter. I don't want to know."  She crossed her arms over her chest and brushed past him, heading back towards the parking lot.

She almost made it to the back entrance to the kitchen when Seungri called out her name. 

Seungri jogged up to her. He was surprised when he saw her re-appear and quickly deduced that the lovebirds' conversation, if any, would have been extremely short.  He confirmed his suspicions when he noticed the tension vibrating off her body. 

"Mwuh?" she asked him miserably, her eyes full of emotion.

"I said I was going to take you home, remember?"

Amina let out a mirthless half-laugh, her eyes accusing him.  "What now?  More tricks up your sleeve?  No thanks... I'll find my own ride home."

"Please," he begged, stepping closer to her.  He noticed Youngbae walking pass them, the defeated expression on his hyung's face clear.  Adrenaline started to kick in.  Seungri knew he had to do something... and do something now.