Chapter 33

"So, do you think she got the gifts already?" asked Daesung.  His hair was spray painted lime green and spiked up high on top of his crown.  They were readying themselves for a year-end performance that was about to be broadcasted later that evening.

Seungri checked his watch and nodded.  "I'm pretty sure she got it by now."  He pursed his lips and looked towards Youngbae's direction where he and Jiyong were getting final fittings completed.  He looked back at Daesung.  "I thought she would figure it out... but she hasn't called yet."

"What are you two babbling about?" asked Seunghyun, his eyebrow angled up.  His hair was slicked back perfectly, the laser cut of his black leather jacket like second skin against his tall lean frame.  It was amazing how he arrived last but always finished before everyone else did.  He sat down in an empty canvas fold out chair and crossed his legs. 

"I was telling Seungri he probably messed up the delivery..." Daesung said mischievously, his lips curving into a teasing smile. 

"Ani!" Seungri proclaimed, vaguely aware that Youngbae and Jiyong were overhearing their conversation.  "I had them dropped off like hyung told me to."

Seunghyun eyed the maknae, his eyes glinting like black sapphires.  "Are you sure?  I wouldn't bet my money on you, you know that right?"

"Aish..." Seungri huffed, turning red.  He stood up and adjusted the collar of his button-up shirt.  He cranked his neck to the side and started pacing in front of them.  He didn't know why he felt nervous all of a sudden... well, who was he kidding?  Yeah, he knew why.  He felt the bullets of sweat start to form at the base of his spine.

Daesung watched him knowingly, seeing that pent up expression before.  He glanced over at Seunghyun, who was eyeing Seungri like a hawk.

Seunghyun let out a grin, his inner devil coming out.  He said in a voice loud enough for everyone around them to hear.  "So what did you do maknae?  Did you misplace the gifts?  Or did you hire some juvenile schoolboy to do your job?"

"Ani!" He turned around to look at them, his face flushed.  "I had the items hyung asked me to deliver, delivered...."

"But?" Seunghyun prompted, waiting for the next line.

"But... I might not have delivered all of them," Seungri mumbled, quietly to himself.

"Omo..." Daesung exhaled.  "He's going to kill you."

"Who's going to kill who?" Youngbae nonchalantly walked up to the trio, his fingers adjusting the rings on his hands.  He fixed the bandana around his temples and waited for Seungri to explain.

Seungri swallowed hard and inched his way around Daesung so there would at least be a barrier between them.  It was time to cough up the truth now.  He licked his lips nervously and began.  "Mianhae hyung... I," he cringed slightly and bit his lip.  "I might have changed up the gifts a little."

Youngbae's body tensed up.  "What do you mean, 'You changed up the gifts'?  Didn't you send her the gifts I told you to?"

Seunghyun watched the pair in fascination, seeing the tension for the first time in several weeks because he'd been busy filming his movie.  He couldn't help but feel slightly amused, even as anger radiated from Youngbae.

Daesung could feel the beginning of a showdown about to happen.  He angled his head around Youngbae's body, hoping to catch a glimpse of Jiyong.  His eyes turned wary the more he listened to the pair.

"I had the sweets delivered like you asked, along with the ugly painting and your note."

"You sent her an ugly painting?" Seunghyun grinned, looking at Youngbae.