19 - For The Win

Jenna POV

Tay: We need to talk

Ok. Where?

Tay: I'm outside your bus

I get out of my bunk and open the door to let Tay in. She stands outside, staring at the steps.

"Are you going to come in?" I ask.

"I don't know if I can."

"Why?" She doesn't answer. "Tay are you alright?"

"No, no I'm not."

"What's wrong?" I'm worried. She's never acted like this before.

"The guys and I were hanging out with Sleeping With Sirens last night. Kellin let it slip that you and Vic Fuentes. . . I can't even say it."

Shit. "Tay, I'm--"

"Why didn't you tell me? I'm your girlfriend. I deserved to know this."

"I swear I was going to tell you."

"When? When we were something more serious? At our wedding? On my goddamn deathbed?"

"Tay, I'm so sorry. I thought Cameron would've told you by now."

"Cameron? As in my Cameron?" She exclaims. I don't say anything. I never told her about the kick-off party, and apparently, neither did Cameron. "You told him, but you didn't tell me. Am I not important to you?"

"Tay, you are one of the most important people in my life. Cameron only knows because I was hiding from Vic at the kick-off party, and he was helping me." I leave out the part where we almost kissed; that wouldn't make this situation any better.

"Jenna, why didn't you tell me?" She asks. She has calmed down a little bit.

"I didn't want to upset you."

"So waiting seemed like the best answer? If you told me earlier, I would've understood. I don't care that you were in a serious relationship two years ago. I'm just concerned that you may not be in one now."

"Are you," I don't even want to say what I think she's saying. "Are you breaking up with me."

"No. I just want some time to think."

I nod. "Take as long as you need."

Why do I always find a way to screw up our relationship?

•-•

There's a knock on the bus door. We had the day off today and I haven't heard from Tay since yesterday. It wouldn't surprise me if she wants to end things. After all, I am a terrible girlfriend.

Sure enough, Tay's on the other side of the door. I brace myself for the words: Jenna it's over.

"I'm sorry," is all she says.

"What?"

"I overreacted to that whole situation and I really wanted to say sorry." Her eyes ask me if I forgive her.

"It's okay. I get it, I would've been pissed too."

"So are we okay?"

I hug her. "We're perfect." I have something else I want to ask her. "Tay?"

"Yeah."

"Will you go to prom with me?"

She smiles at me. I've always loved her smile. "Yes, I will."

"Thank god."

And in that moment, I don't think I could've been happier.

Hey Pixies. Enjoy the chapter.
And the picture that's with this is when I met the queen

XoXo
~XhannahX