3 - Anyone Else But You

Jenna POV

It's around six when I wake up. I cannot get Tay's voice out of my head. I roll out of my bunk, and make my way to the bathroom. I do my business, then start to make some breakfast.

I sit down on the couch in the front lounge, eat, then pull out my phone and check Twitter. I'm scrolling through my notifications, when one in particular catches my eye.

@TayJardine: got to see @jenalive11 & her guys kill it yesterday in Houston. Stoked to see them play again today.

I post: Can't wait to sit side stage and watch @TayJardine be amazing as always.

Within a matter of seconds she replies: @jenalive11 you know it.

I smile and put my phone away. I go to the back lounge, and pull out my suitcase. I select a black The Wonder Years tank top, dark blue denim shorts, and all black Vans. I enter the bathroom and turn my flat-iron on. Once it's hot enough I start straightening my hair. I leave my face natural, turn the bathroom light off, then go back to the front lounge.

My phone vibrates in my back pocket. I pull it out and check what it was from. Tay direct messaged me on Twitter.

Hey, wanna meet up?

My fingers know what to type before my brain does. Sure

Great. Meet me at the NTIO tent in five.

I lock my phone, slide it back in my pocket, and sneak out of the bus. The sun has barely started rising, but the Warped crew members are out, setting everything up.  I have to ask someone where the Never Take It Off tent is. They give me the directions, and I make my way towards Tay. I see her sitting in a chair under the tent, an acoustic guitar on her lap.

"Hey," I say and sit in a chair across from her.

She gives me a toothy smile. "Hey."

"What're you doing up so early?"

"Early bird. Plus I wanted to ask you something."

I nod as if saying, okay, what?

She opens her mouth, but then closes it. "Never mind, it's probably a stupid idea."

"Tay, whatever you're going to ask is probably not a stupid idea," I reassure her.

She takes a deep breath. "Okay. I was wondering if you would like to sing a duet. . . With me."

I give her a wide smile. "I would love to."

She hands me the guitar she brought. "Um, I was watching some of your videos, and I saw that you can play. I took this from Jordan earlier."

I take the guitar and position it on my lap. Out of instinct I start strumming the keys to a song I learned a while ago.

She says, "I love that song."

"Which part are you up for?"

"First one."

I nod and start the song over. "You're a part-time lover and a full-time friend, the monkey on your back is the latest trend. I don't see what anyone can see in anyone else but you."

I sing, "I kiss you on the brain in the shadow of the train, kiss you all starry-eyed, my body swingin' from side to side. I don't see what anyone can see in anyone else but you."

"Here is the church and here is the steeple, we sure are cute for two ugly people. I don't see what anyone can see in anyone else but you."