Scene 6

The Arena is inside, a lot smaller than the picture above, has high fencing, and looks a bit worn-down but still very stable. I couldn't find a picture I want so I just decided to use a random gladiator arena picture and fill y'all in on what I thought would be different. 

Hope y'all enjoy this next bit!

As soon as we finished the Pledge, my Father says,

"Let the fights begin!" The bell rang and Celia and I began to circle each other. Seconds later Celia launches herself at me and I twirl away with a beautiful flourish if I do say so myself. I bowed to the crowd who were cheering and laughing. I heard Celia come back around and launch herself again, and yet again, I managed to twirl out of her reach. Another bow and another laughing crowd. I heard Celia growl and get quite angry. I smirked at the crowd and turned to face her this time.

"You can still leave ya know," I told her as I approached. "You don't have to humiliate yourself," I said this loud enough for the crowd to hear. I heard some "ohhh"s happening. She glared at me.

"As if". I smirked and then replied,

"Suit yourself." I took one step towards her before stepping to the side and letting her jump and fly past me. I chuckled and raised my arms in the air.

"C'mon Celia Facilier! Is that the best you can do?" I shouted. She growled.

"Not even close, Avyanna." My eyes flashed, a normal one not a green one, when she said my full name. But I continued to goad her anger and throw off her game.

"But you know that no one has ever beaten me, so what makes you think that you're bad enough?" I asked. The crowd "ohhhh" ed again. Celia screamed and launched herself at me but instead of sliding past when I stepped aside, she placed a foot on the ground and jumped back at me. She landed on top of me and attempted to throw a punch but I blocked her and flipped us over. I pushed her to the side while I rolled the other way. I rolled back over and slammed an elbow right in her gut. Immediately, she lost her breath. I grabbed her legs and swung her around a couple of times before throwing her up and letting her slam right back on the ground. I could tell the crowd wanted just a bit more so I waited for her to stand up. She did and I saw her nose appeared to be broken. Ouch, I thought.

"Ya done yet?" I called half-hoping she was. I didn't want to hurt my half-sister too badly. Her eyes flashed in anger though.

"No way!" she yelled. I shrugged nonchalantly and started to circle with her once more. This time when she threw herself at me, I threw myself on the ground and kicked her rib/stomach area a bit hard. She flew back and I flipped myself up onto my feet. I walked over to where she laid motionless. I turned back to the crowd and shrugged when I reached her.

"Guess she's weaker than I thought," I called. But then I heard her say,

"Definitely not." I turned and was met with a fist to the eye. I stumbled back but she kicked my legs out from underneath me. She tried to punch me again, but I grabbed her arms and rolled so she was underneath me. I slammed my elbow onto one of her rubs and heard a crack. I think I winced but only barely. She did cry out though. I broke another one and this time she brought her knee up and slammed it into my stomach. I quietly gasped but didn't let go. She rolled and so did I. We rolled quite a few times before I barely heard her whisper,

"Do it. Do it now!" She looked at me with a few pain-filled tears in her eyes. I gave the barest of nods before slamming my head against hers sufficiently knocking her out. I got up and faced the crowd. There was silence then I yelled,

"Who's the champion!?"

"The BW!" They yelled back screaming and shooting. I gave a sly small and shouted again,

"The WHO?"

"The Braided Warrior!" Everyone screamed. I bowed before stepping back to the center of the Arena to wait for my next opponent. As I waited, the waiters grabbed Celia and dragged her out. While they did that, I rebraided my hair and checked my feet to make sure I didn't lose a shoe. It's happened before! Before too long, I heard the gate creak open. I turned and who was it? Seth Scar the son of Scar. He grinned and I knew I was in for a handful.

Sorry for making y'all wait sooooooo long! I was writing the next chapters and kind of forgot to put them on here. I've been helping my Grammie move into her new house! It was a bit far from my house but not too far luckily. I hope y'all enjoyed this and I hope y'all will enjoy the next chapter! Like always, comments, suggestions, reviews, and questions are ALWAYS welcome! Stay safe!

Love,
FanGirlie101