Tea time for one

"Ahw, come on now, my dear, you're not that bad.
If I would have to, I'd throw myself. Into battle any day, just for you. You're precious to me, Scara."

Scaramouche's p.o.v.

That was the last sentence either of us spoke that night, and at around 12am we both said our goodbye's although I kept bugging him for hugs since I knew I wouldn't be able to do this again with him for quite some time.

The short way home felt like hours to me. Kazuha went back to the festival to chat with his parents a while longer after I told him I'd hit the hay for tonight.

Although I still had something to do.

I slid open the door and made my way to my room, picked up an envelope and rushed to the bedroom of one of our servants. She was usually up till midnight and helped me out a lot of the time so I hoped to rely on her for this as it was really important to me.

''mrs?''

''Back so soon? Is everything alright my Lord?'' The women asked.

''All's good, I just need you to do one thing for me, I have a letter for Kazuha and I would like you to give it to him tomorrow.''

''Oh, sure I can do that, Goodnight my Lord.''

''Thank you, really.''

I handed her the letter and turned around to leave the room again, quietly closing the door as to not disturb anyone else, then made my way back to my bedroom.

My eyes grew tired the moment I entered the dark room, knowing I had a long, Kazuhaless day ahead of me, I slipped out of my Kimono and layed down on my Futon.

Sleep soon came over me and before I knew it I was already sunken into a deep dreaming slumber.

-The next morning obv-

Kazuha's p.o.v.

The sun kissed my skin as I slowly opened my tired eyes. It got a little late last night but I still got enough before morning training. I jumped out of my bed and started dressing in my usual clothes, hanging my Vision back where it belonged and grabbing my Sword.

On my way out I grabbed a Lavender Melon to start my day. I was always happy to train with the older and quickly made my way over to his estate. We lived close to each other so it didn't take long before I stood in front of the to me fairly familiar door. However when I knocked I saw a rather unfamiliar Maid, was she new? Or did I just never notice her?

She looked like she was already waiting for me and asked me to come inside.

The entire building seemed a lot more empty than usual but i stroke out the thought of anything worrisome.

She asked me to sit down at the tea table and I happily obliged, it seemed to me like everything was already there, just that it was more like a tea for one. It concerned me but maybe it meant that Scara was still asleep or something.

After a while I looked around the table and noticed an envelope, I took a closer look and noticed my name written on it, in well, unarguably Scara's handwriting.
I gulped. picking up the letter and opening it.

"Dear Friend,

I know this is probably gonna sound crazy, but I decided to leave Inazuma, I was scared of telling you. And here I am being a coward, I hope you received this letter, or else I could never forgive myself, what am i saying? I couldn't either way. I hate that it had to be like this but I felt like there's something out there I had to find.

I do look forward to returning to Inazuma at some point, but what I would be doing there will not amuse you, I do hope that you'll be able to forgive me though, probably not but that's all I wish of you.

I'm headed towards Shenznaya to join in some 'business' of sorts.

On a more personal note though, I would love to stay but I lost that chance already a few months ago. I found myself yesterday, and I still hate myself for not staying, I regret doing this, and I know it can't be undone I'm really sorry Kazuha.

kind regards Scaramouche."

I felt my eyes tearing up, it felt as if years long of emotions came crumbling down on me.
I didn't know what to do, He said he regretted going, then why did he leave in the first place? Without telling me personally?

The Servant came back and looked at me with a worried expression before talking
"I must ask you to leave soon, The Lord's parents will attend to their business in a couple of minutes and I can't keep guests here without the presence of a family member.

I nodded and finished sipping on my tea, I knew where I would be headed to.

I needed to see if I can still catch his boat as it was still early in the morning.

God why does it bother me this much?
Well because he's my friend.