Late night comfort

"I'll think about it, thanks Kazuha."

Scaramouche's p.o.v.

I felt like time has stopped it's endless flow for just tonight, because the moon was still low and my head was still resting on Kazuha's lap. Thats all I ever needed. Thats all I ever wanted. To be with him like this, I have only him, no one but my family cares for me, my status has become like this because the luxory my father had. Kazuha was the only kid who ever wanted to approach me since people tended to be scared of my cold personality, although Kazu would argue about that anyday.

We were just enjoying eachothers company for a few moments. "I wish time could be eternal right now" I thought out loud.
Kazuha hummed in angreement and continued to stroke his hand through my hair, braiding it every now and then on parts of my hair that grew out of my bowl cut.

"I would've liked to have more time like this with you" I spoke under my breath "then what's been holding you back?" He questioned.

"Maybe someday I'll be able to tell you, I hope I do."

I saw in his eyes that he wanted to question me further but seemingly has let it go, he knows I stick to things I say, unarguably.

"Kazu?"

"mh?"

I hesitated "Can you hold me? Just for a moment"

Although I looked away from his face in embarrassment, I could still see the rosy blush on the albino's usually pale cheeks, even now, he was beautiful.

"uh, yea sure, if you want me to" he stuttered a bit, quickly putting his hands on my sides to sit me back up from laying on his lap and placing me on his lap but this time with both my legs on either sides of his, face to face. And before I knew it he kept me in a tight embrace, seemingly never wanting to let go ever again. The thought left me frustrated with my decision. I shouldn't have. My place is here. With him. Not in some army. I shouldn't go there. I can't.

But I already signed up.

I only then noticed silver glistening tears, accompanied by the soft moonlight, almost endlessly streaming down my cheekbones.
I could hear myself sobbing for a reason I couldn't explain myself.
I was sad, for keeping it from the younger, for leaving without planning to tell him.

For all of it

"I'm so sorry Kazuha, please forgive me"
I muttered out through my sobs.

Kazuha p.o.v.

Sorry? Sorry for what? Did I forget about something? Was it something I did that he blames himself for?

"Whatever would you need to apologise for, my Lord?" I tried to lighten up the mood whilst using the way his servants would address him.
I don't know much about the art of conversation but I really hoped it would help.

"I was so cold towards you for years, yet here you still are, how can you even take me being near you anymore?" He sobbed.

"Ahw, come on now, my dear, you're not that bad.
If I would have to, I'd throw myself. Into battle any day, just for you. You're prescious to me, Scara."