Step by step

P.o.v. Kazuha

The next morning, or rather day since I woke up last, we were already setting sail towards a unkown land. I was kind of excited actually, I haven't traveled outside Inazuma before so this was really quite something. I held the little piece of paper to my chest as a small tear escaped my eye, but nonetheless I smiled, knowing I was one step closer to seeing him again. I had put the dead vision into a drawer but kept the neatly hand-written letter in one of my pockets close to me, the fabricated maple leaves on my hips and a unfinished looking ponytail that pointed more towards the red streak in my hair than anywhere else made me look as casual as ever but deep down I was glad to be out of trouble for the time being.

The commissions aren't in affect outside Inazuma so I'll be a free man as soon as we get through the stormy border, I wanted to tell beidou to just drop me off in Shneznaya but I knew it wouldn't be that easy, the crew and their captain had their own matters to attend to so I'll just have to wait and see.

Kunikuzuchi p.o.v.

Childe has been bothering me with his sparring nonsense eversince I finished with the paperwork they handed to me the other day and it's been getting increasingly annoying to take in. This was another reason I liked being around Kazuha so much, he was quiet, comfortable and not as full of himself like this bastard.

As much as I just wanted to strike him into Oblivion, the seal has yet to be broken, even of that I have no idea about. Dottore took a sample of my blood and apparently found some sort of lock in it, like it's not complete or something. I don't know the details but as far as I'm concerned I bet I'll be down in his lab again soon enough.

Eversince I heard the news I have been feeling electro energy pulsing through me like I had just hit some weird puberty of some kind, and to say the least, it felt as weird as ever.

That night I just laid there, staring blankly onto the wall above my bed, imagining what he would do if he still was with his childhood friend.

Tears threatening to form in his eye's but he knew better than to let them fall, than to show these people here his greatest weakness.

Eventually my eye's let themselves find rest and I dreamt of the woods I was exploring with the albino years ago. I wanted to go back there, I had to.

In the next couple days I paid less and less attention to the to me assigned orders and more on getting information about the wanderer, I knew for a fact that he's not in Inazuma with all that's going on there. I know he's wanted by the Shogun, that manufacture of my creator. Although she introduced us all as siblings. I knew I was just some sort of vessel she never intended to use. But if that means sending me out to some far away island is the better idea then I highly disagree.

Ei is selfish, selfish for hiding behind a doll to do all the dirty work for her ever since I left. I felt her energy draining day by day through the electro mark on my body, more of a curse than a gift, but I was thankfully able to feel who she's stood in front of though. Makes things easier.