Pastel colored Flower Field

cw: a tat of angst

Scaramouche p.o.v.

After a few more monsters lay dead on the freshly bloodied concrete the Harbinger who was at the Tsaritza's side introduced himself as Dottore, I felt his eye on me throughout the entirety of his speech and even though most of his face was covered with a mask, I could sense the excitement he held. As everyone was ordered towards their quarters I just Looked up towards the two on the stage-like structure, blinking blankly, I knew what was going to happen next, they needed me too much to just give me the same treatment as those lowlife scum whomst wich I accompanied here.

The cryo Archon whispered something into Dottore's ear and after a few moments he turned back to me with a sinister smile.

"My My, you really stood up to our expectations, Vessel~"

I scrunched my nose to the way he chose to address me, knowing I was my own self, not some controllable puppet.

"I'm starting to doubt your need in me, if you chose to disrespect whomst you need the most on your little quest of conquering all the seven gnoses." I had to pull myself together, if I mess this up I might as well freeze to death just outside these walls.

They invited me to dinner, explaining that the rest of their harbingers are currently away, either on missions or personal affairs.

I got shown to the quarters I would be staying at, everything went by so fast, a bit too fast if anyone would ask me for my opinion. I knew I wouldn't sleep well, given the fact I just left the entirety of a long lasting friendship behind. Even that word felt so wrong in my heart and thoughts, what else was I supposed to call it? I thought as I expectedly lay awake on the bed in front of a shallow window, Moonlight illuminating my pale features. Dottore's words cut deep, it was a Insecurity Kazuha helped me with, but being called a Vessel again after all those years hurt like a stingray's imaginary poison. I lifted my left hand to look at it's back, reaching for a land thousands of miles away slowly drifting off into a dreamfull slumber, hoping to see the other again soon.

[Spoiler for Scara's real name here btw]

"Zuchi? Where'd you go?"

an all so familiar voice called out, worried almost in distress.

I opened my eyes, finding myself on a pastel colored flowerfield.

our gaze meets and almost momentarily i run towards the younger, hugging him tightly.

I wasn't sure what was going on but the warmth I felt was enough to convince me I was back home, in the flower field just beside the large forest we would play in as kids.

I closed my eyes again, enjoying the feeling of safety Kazuha gave me.

although soon I felt his right hand pushing my shoulder back a bit while his left one caressed my cheek, I flushed feeling the sun rays on my face again, I saw his lips move as if he was trying to confess something to me, but my ears grew numb and I wasn't able to hear a thing

Tears started forming in the corners of my eyes, I gripped into his clothes tighter hoping to startle him enough to stop talking, I missed his voice, his reassuring words, all of it.

What startled me though was not that he stopped talking suddenly, no it was the flowers in the field slowly fading black, dieing.

The sky turned into an endless void and before I could reach out to the white haired male in front of me, my physical body woke up, covered in sweat and tears rolling down my cheekbones.

I gritted my teeth, hating myself, regretting my wishful thinking that I'd be fine.

I was never the one for nightmares but that ringing in my ears was something that had happened to me in a dream before. I didn't know what to do about it, if I would have, I would have had the opportunity to hear him again.