CHAPTER 11 - PASSIONS INVOKED BY BLACK LEATHER.

Guy did not take the farm produce to the market the following day, but sent Ivor in his stead. Richildis asked her Mistress if she might go with him, and she offered to take Mordred and the twins with her. When aunt Gwyneth heard of the day out, she insisted on going with them, and the cart was bursting at the seams when it left the farm.

Auriel was in the kitchen folding laundry when Guy came in from the barn, where the new farm hands had been turning the hay. She had tied her hair up in a linen scarf, because of the weight of it on such a warm day and he smiled when he saw her there, planting a quick kiss on her cheek as he passed her, saying, "I would fetch my sword and crossbow my love, to clean them and examine them for any damage, are they still to be found upstairs in the trunk under the window?"

Auriel confirmed this, watching him as he ran up the stairs two at a time, smiling at his eagerness. The house felt very quiet without the bustle of the family and she was enjoying the silence. She continued to fold the laundry as it was a peaceful chore, but then she realised that Guy had not returned to the kitchen, and must be still seeking out his weaponry, so she thought she would assist him, because as we all know, the menfolk of this world have no method in their searching.

She walked quietly up the stairs, standing a while listening outside the bedroom door, but heard no sound from within, so she opened it and found Guy standing there, clad in his tight black leathers and boots, his sword and dagger at his belt, his crossbow slung behind him. "It feels uncommonly good to don this garb and heft these weapons again," he said softly.

But she could not speak, for the leathers so perfectly followed the shape of his body, and she wanted to touch him so badly, that she placed her hands behind her back, so that he would not see them tremble

But she could not speak, for the leathers so perfectly followed the shape of his body, and she wanted to touch him so badly, that she placed her hands behind her back, so that he would not see them tremble. The sun was shining on his dark hair as it fell to his shoulders and her heart soared at the sight of him. He smiled at her, unbuckling his sword belt, bending down, and placing it on the floor, along with his crossbow.

Then he stood up and looked inquiringly at his wife, as she was yet to speak, noting the flush on her face, and the rapid movement of her breast as her breathing quickened.

A very slow smile moved sideways across his face, as he asked her, "What are you looking at, my Lady?" and her desire for him closed around her heart with its softly clenched fist.

"I am looking at you Sir Guy of Gisborne," she said quietly, "for you look to me just as you did on the day of our first meeting in Nottingham."

"Tell me of it, for I would hear you say the words once more," he said, while the air between them was alive with their wanting.

"I watched you ride out across the drawbridge, the sun shining on your hair, just as it does now, wearing these same black leathers and in truth, I wondered what it would be like to help you out of them. Although I was still untouched, I knew what the feeling was and it almost overwhelmed me. Then as I stumbled, you lifted me from the mud and God help me, I looked into those eyes of yours, the colour of bluebells, and I was lost. I felt the touch of your hands on my body and in my hair and it was akin to coming home. If I close my eyes, I can still recall the scent of you that day."