I'm Not Falling in Love (Cedrick x reader)

"Hahaha!" (Y/n) laughed as she sat on the couch next to me, her best friend. "I can't believe you guys did that!"

"I know!" I gasped out between laughs. "They actually did that!"

"I can't believe Nathan flipped the jet ski!"

"I know! At least we got it working again," I wheezed between words. Nathan somehow flipped a jet ski while Jordan and I were recording for Unspeakable 2.0. It was perfect for the normal chaos of the channel.

"Cedrick, you guys are crazy!"

"Believe me, I already know," I replied.

I couldn't think of a more perfect night. My best friend (Y/n) sitting beside me on the couch as we swapped stories about our day. These conversations sometimes run long, but this one on particular had kept us up until 4am. Maybe it was the lack of sleep, or the exhausting day I had been through, but something seemed different about (Y/n).

There was something in the way she laughed. It made my heart skip a beat. Or maybe it was something in the way she smiled. It warmed my soul. Or maybe it was the way her hair seemed to naturally lay, even without her trying. I've never seen anyone look so good so effortlessly. Or maybe it was the way the moonlight seemed to gently caress her skin so beautifully it took my breath away.

No, I can't be thinking like this. I give my head a little shake, trying to rid myself of these romantic thoughts about my best friend. It honestly felt like the first time I've been happy.

"You good Cedrick?" the beautiful voice belonging to (Y)n) piped up.

"Hm?" I asked, looking at the girl next to me on the couch.

"You shook your head really weirdly. You good?"

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine," I stumbled out, trying to desperately think of an excuse. "Just thinking about something else that happened today."

"Oh? Do tell," her words coy as she tried to pry.

"There's nothing to tell," I responded with a shrug before taking a swig of my soda.

"Oh please? Nothing you guys ever do is boring!"

She was staring at me with her big doe eyes, legs crossed, and hands on my leg. Feeling her hands through the material of my shorts made my heart beat faster.

What was happening to me?

Several years ago, I made a promise with myself to never fall in love with (Y/n). I didn't want our friendship to be ruined.

That was years ago. But now I have think I've fallen in love with her.

"Cedrick?" (Y/n)'s voice snapped me back to reality, in addition to the snapping of her fingers infront of my face.

"Oh sorry what?" I rapidly blinked before turning my attention to the beautiful girl next to me.

"You're not even listening to me."

She got this really sad expression on her face and tears started to dorm in her beautiful (e/c) eyes.

"No, I didn't mean to ignore you (Y/n). I just got a lot on my mind right now."

"Is it more important than me?"

"No. Nothing is ever more important than you."

"Then what is it?"

"Well, how do I put this. There's this girl..."

I trailed off at the end of my sentence, not quite sure how to continue. I swear I saw a look of absolute devastation mar her gorgeous face for a brief moment, but it soon disappeared.

"Who's the lucky girl?" she asked, trying to casually play it off. I knew better. She was scared about losing me to another girl.

"Well, we're actually pretty good friends and have known each other for years by now."

"Well, she sounds like a special girl. I hope you get what you want."

I don't know what I said. I thought I made it pretty obvious I was talking about her. Maybe I should be more obvious?

"Yeah, she is. We often spend late nights together talking and laughing about how our day's been. In fact, we sometimes lose track of time so fast that we're talking and laughing til 4 in the morning."

"What?" (Y/n) asked, whipping her head around to look at the nearest clock. "I guess it is. I didn't mean to keep you up this long."

"It's completely fine, (Y/n). I wouldn't rather spend this time any other way." I noticed her blush and decided to keep going. "This is the best time I've ever had."

"But what about the other girl? The one you say you like?"

"(Y/n), I promised myself I would never fall in love with you. But it's 4am, and we were laughing way too hard, and I felt happy for the first time in a long time, and I knew I was screwed."

"You love me?"

"I've always loved you. It just took me til now to see it."

With that, I leaned in and kissed her. It was the best kiss of my life. I knew I'd always remember it, and the day I knew I had found my future wife.

"Now children, it's time for bed."

"Aw! Please Daddy not yet!"

"Your Dad's right, kiddos. You gotta head to bed."

I looked over and saw my gorgeous wife of seven years. Now we have two amazing children who I love more than life itself. Two of which are being put to bed. They begged to hear the story of how I first asked their mom on a date, and it was eight years from today specifically.

"Time for bed!" I shout cheerfully as I tuck them into bed and give them both a kiss on the forehead.

"But we don't wanna sleep now Daddy! We wanna hear more about you and Mommy!"

"Pwease Dada?"

"Tomorrow," I say smiling at my youngest child. "For now, it's bed time. Goodnight."

"Goodnight!" the children chorus as I turn off their lights and shut their door.

"You do such a good job with the kids," (Y/n) says while resting her hands on her growing stomach.

"And soon we'll have a third one running around here," I say as I bend down and place a kiss on her stomach.

"I love you so much (Y/n).

"I love you too Cedrick."