Blinded (Cedrick x reader)

I was enjoying my civilian life for once, planning the next attempted downfall of my esteemed rival, (Y/n). She's the almighty hero of the city, and I hate her for it. Yes, I know her secret identity. She works as a teacher in the local elementary school. No, I don't go after her family or students just to get to her. Sure, I may hate her for constantly ruining my plans for taking over the city, but that doesn't mean I have to use dirty tricks to get her to surrender.

It was getting dark out and I was making myself comfy in my home. I had a soda in my hand and had just set down on the couch when there was a small noise. I barely heard it. If it weren't for my heightened sense of hearing, I would have easily missed it. It came again, and I couldn't help but see what was at my door.

I opened the door and saw nothing. What a waste of time. I was about to slam the door closed when I felt something tug on the leg of my jeans. When I looked down, there was (Y/n).

"Well, what are you doing here?" I sneered as I knelt down to her level.

"I need help," (Y/n) said, breathing hard as she kneeled in the mud. She was still in her superhero attire, black combat armor and black combat boots with a black ninja-style mask that normally covers her mouth now bunched around her neck.

"Why is that?"

"Because there's someone worse out there that I have to deal with. Contrary to what you might think, you aren't the worst person I've had to face. And I..." (Y/n) trailed off, glancing away.

"And you what?"

"I-i-i..." (Y/n) made a choking sound, her shoulders slumping forward. Crying, I realized. (Y/n) was crying. I leaned closer, taking a look at her face. The cuts on her forehead and cheeks seemed shallow enough, but now that I looked, (Y/n)'s eyes were a pale, cloudy color and seemed unfocused. I felt my blood run cold.

"They blinded you?" I whispered. (Y/n) nodded. "Come in." I helped her off the ground and, after looking around to make sure no one was watching, led her into the house before shutting and subsequently locking the door.

I guided her to the couch I had just vacated. When I placed my hand on the small of her back to guide her, she flinched away. Whoever blinded her really did something to her. "I'm just going to put my hand on your shoulder, ok?"

She seemed surprised that I'd tell her what I was doing. "S-sure."

Once she was sitting on the couch comfortably, I decided to ask her what happened. "So, what happened to you?" She started crying, her shoulders shaking. "Hey, hey, it's ok."

"No it's not! I can't see because of what he did!" Once she yelled at me, she curled in on herself.

"Look, I didn't mean to get you all riled up. I was just wondering what happened to you. I mean, the last time I saw you, you could see just fine."

She continued to cry, but spoke, "I, I was t-trying to stop this b-bank robbery a-and some, something went w-wrong."

I'll say something went wrong. She's blind. "What happened next?"

"I, I was trying to comfort the r-rattled tellers when one, one guy came up behind me and h-hit me over the head with something heavy. I, I blacked out a-and ended up in an a-alleyway. Someone, someone pinned m-me down and poured a-acid in my eyes. I, I don't know what to do!" She wailed loudly, and I was starting to wonder if my neighbors heard.

"Hey, hey, it's ok. Everything's going to be fine."

"How is everything going to be fine, Cedrick?! I'm blind! I can't teach anymore and I don't even know how I'm going to live now! I can't fight crime either! What will I do?"