Flower Speak (Cedrick x reader)

My flower shop is in a nice location in the bustling city of Houston, Texas. Attached to my flower shop is a greenhouse where I grow my flowers. I grow a wide variety of flowers, and each have a special meaning behind them. That's what originally fascinated me about flowers in the first place. Not only do they look pretty, they actually have meaning behind them. For example, a yellow pansy means 'Thinking of you' and a hibiscus means 'romantic love and passion'. The meaning of flowers are expansive. For instance, some flowers, like foxglove, mean 'insincerity'.

I'm busy tending to my flowers in the greenhouse, pruning them so they grow the way I want them to. That's when I hear the bell on my door ring. I walk to the front desk in the front of my shop and see the man who set off the bell. He has caramel colored skin, dark hair, and dark brown eyes. He slams his hands down onto the counter top, takes a shuddering breath, looks me in the eyes and says, "How do I passive aggressively say fuck you in flower?"

I'm slightly taken aback by his words, both by his request, and the swear word.

"Well," I get out despite my surprise, "I may have just the thing. Please come with me." I motion for him to follow me into my greenhouse, which is something I never do. Before I go in, I grab a plastic sleeve for me to lay the flowers in once they're picked. We walk into the greenhouse and the man immediately removes the jacket he had on.

"Man it's hot in here."

Well, it's a greenhouse. What did you expect?" I chuckle a little at my joke, but the look he gives me makes it die in my throat. "Shall we get those flowers for you?"

All he does is nod his head. Sullenly, I walk around until I find the first flower I need.

"So, how to tell someone to 'f 'off in flower is with geraniums, foxglove, meadowsweet, yellow carnations, and orange lilies."

"What do they mean?" he asks, surprisingly intrigued.

"Well, geraniums mean 'stupidity'," I say as I gently pluck a few clusters of pink geraniums and lay them in the blue sleeve. "Foxglove means 'insincerity'," I add as I place the bell-shaped purple flowers in the sleeve with the geraniums. "Meadowsweet means 'uselessness' and yellow carnations mean 'you have disappointed me'." I continue as I add the small white blossoms of meadowsweet and the poofy blossoms of the yellow carnations. "And finally orange lilies mean 'hatred'." The bouquet is now finished and I tie the sleeve with a black ribbon to complete the look. "Here you go, your bouquet is now full of loathing."

The man in front of me takes it in his hands, passing it from one to the other.

"So, who are the flowers for?" I ask awkwardly. Obviously they must be for someone he doesn't like, but that could be anybody.

"They're for some of my friends."

"What did they do to deserve such a hateful bouquet?"

He quirks a small smirk before responding, "Nothing I could never forgive them for."

I smile back. It's good to know that I'm not aiding in the destruction of any relationships, both romantic and non-romantic.

"So, what's your name?"

"My name's Cedrick. What's yours?"

"I'm (Y/n)."

"Well (Y/n), this bouquet is beautiful. And so is this greenhouse."

"Thank you. It took me so long to build it from the ground up."

"You're the owner?"

"Loud and proud. This place has been my pride and joy for so long, I still can't believe that I actually made it work."