Chapter 29

"This isn't real." I whispered aloud trying to think back on every little detail I might have missed when it came to Vera.

She was always in the shadows, always looking for something in my bedroom or eavesdropping on Leonardo's phone calls.

It explains so much though.. The numerous wedding delays, the secret contraception Michelle had no knowledge of. Of course she couldn't have kids from a mobster.

"Get him the fock out of there!" Alicia yells at her iPhone before tossing it one side causing me to spin around and face her.

Continuing to think about this in depth. What was Leonardo keeping from me, must be bad for them to still be there. Michelle should've definitely been arrested that's for sure, but all of them?

My husband can't be arrested... oh my god..

"No, this is a nightmare." I said before facing the large windows again.

I was freaking out. Pacing up and down in my lounging area with fluffy carpets grazing my ankles.

"Kara Mia, sit down." Annabelle sighs sitting up straight in my U shape couch with her leg resting over her knee. Taking the coffee Annie placed in front of her on our coffee table. "Grazia."

"I can't.... I can't believe it, I just can't get over it, and I can't believe he went behind my back after I told him to let this deal go. It wasn't right, the whole thing was off. He felt it." I spun around to face Alicia. "And now a cop is dead. Leonardo called it. Even Luca-" I stopped myself.

Alicia raised her brow. "Luca what?"

"Leonardo said Luca warned him something was off with this deal." I say softly.

Alicia snickered. "Of course he did."

I tried to ignore her tone. She loves making something irrelevant the main topic, especially seeing that I mentioned Lucas' name. The point of it all automatically gets thrown out of the window.

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned his name just now. Why not? Apparently there was a rumor going around that I was having an affair with Luca. Which we found hilarious, Leonardo knew I wouldn't do that, even though he said the way we looked at each other on stage at the wedding two weeks ago must have been the reason for their suspicion. Leonardo knew we were just acting, I was a performer. I'm good at this shit.

"I can't believe she would do this. Do you think Michele knew? Explains why she took him to Venice last week. Tried to keep them safe." Alicia goes on to the next crazy insinuation in her head.

"Stop making shit up as you go along." Cringing for cursing in front of Annabelle, I continue my pacing.

"She probably kept us here and wanted us to all get arrested, while she and Michele takes over the business." Alicia continues.

"We wouldn't get arrested. We didn't do anything." I counter.

She scoffs my way. "Oh, you lying bitch. We both know you killed that-

"Alicia!!"

Alicia jumps back flush into the couch at the sound of Annabelle's voice.

"Vera wanted us all to go with them to Venice.-" I try to calm everyone down with a soft voice.

Alicia quivers a bit, but continues trying to fight her eyes moving towards Annabelle. "Yeah, you would cover for her." She tells me. "You two were like two peas in a pod. Tell me Kara, did you have Leonardo arrested so you could spend some quality time with Luca?"

My mouth flew open. "Are you out of your focking mind?!"

"Oh mio Dio." Annabelle sighs out.

"Yeah, that's why you turned down the vacation last week. We could've all avoided this craziness. My husband is in jail." And immediately, Alicia breaks down, tears fall from her eyes.