Chapter 10

Everyone left earlier then usual today. Leonardo begged to go out for work and I allowed it, only because he had to meet a new business partner after dropping the girls off in New Jersey for them to fly out with Annabelle and Juan to Italy.

I could get usd to this whole asking permission thing, wonder how long that will last for.

The other only reason I allowed him to have this meeting was mainly because he will be in the vicinity. Joey's monitoring Leonardo's medication intake again as he should. So I still have the upper hand here, don't doubt that.

Joey has been taking on more responsibilities in the family since he will be graduating soon and taking the bar test thing he keeps boasting about. He will definitely make a fine lawyer.

I wipe my hands on the hand towel from the flour I was busy with to send Antonio a quick text to come by when he can. I can't take it, I have to speak to him about something that's bothering me.

My mind goes back to last night when I thought I had a flashback of Alessandro. At first I thought I imagined it, especially after focusing on his character I've heard so much about. Yesterday coming home with Enzo from school, I felt guilty and hated myself for letting his parents down. It's silly, they gone. But I made a promise to love and take care of him as if he was my own. I felt ashamed, I let Enzo down and made stupid decisions acting out like that. What even came over me to create such a drama? I could've handled it so much better.

When I recovered from this so called flashback, I kept thinking it's just my imagination playing tricks on me and the words he said to me couldn't have been close to true. It was a dream. But I've seen that place before many times in my dreams to know I have physically been there before, even though I haven't been there after my accident.

"Boss lady." One of the guards, Sam or Lance tries to gain my attention with his new nick name for me.

"Yes?" I ask rolling out the dough for tonight's dinner.

"Some guy here to see you." He says leaning against the counter.

"What guy?" I ask frowning with wide eyes.

I don't get guy visitors. Unless... Chad?

"Said his family." Lance says pulling a face. Family could mean anything to these guys.

"What?" I ask moving to the cameras hidden behind the cupboard door. My breathing picks up a bit. Contemplating what to do as the image of this visitor registers to me. "Let him in." I say softly, my heart beating a bit faster as I see the man standing outside the gates on the small monitor. "Tell him I'll be down in a few minutes."

"Okay. Should I call the big guy?" Lance takes out his phone.

"No. I'll do it." I say hastily and he actually believes me. Eying me for a bit until he obliges and follows my orders.

It took me thirty minutes to find the appropriate outfit to wear for this occasion. It was cold today so I threw my tights and sweats aside and pulled on a black high wasted slacks with an off white belt and cashmere black top with pearls on the sides of the sleeve. Paired with pointy pearl white shoes. Light make up and my curls done with the curler in a speed I haven't tried before.

For some reason it felt like my heels clicked louder then it normally would on the marble tiled floor as I approach the lounging area and when I reach the wide threshold of the light room, his already facing me waiting with binder in hand.

The corners of his glazed green eyes crinkled on the sides due to the huge smile he seems to be trying to contain. His handsome, even though his grey hairs have appeared over the years compared to the dirty blonde hair I saw on his pictures.