Chapter 1

〰️Leonardo Pov〰️

"Mr. Demarco, you are going away for a long time." Detective Flick says leaning over the table in this dark interrogation room. "You see we've been watching you for... Well a few years now." Agent Flick says leaning his body further down, his palms flat on the table to be eye level with me

"What a waste of tax money." I casually lean back in the hard seat trying to seem relaxed and unaffected by his cocky statements with a smirk on my face.

"So yeah, make yourself comfortable, you might as well get usd to being here for a while." He shrugs lazily and looks over to Douglas who stands in the corner of the room watching with that ridiculous cock sucking smug look on his face.

I don't react or say anything to this Flick agent. I'm not in the best of moods to be playing cops and robbers right now. I'm too upset, disappointed and hurt my Karalina would throw me away to rot in jail because what? I betrayed her, didn't want to give her a divorce, would've kept the kids in Italy along with her by my side? But I don't show my disappointment, or my hurt. Instead I remain quiet. I was trained for this. Padre has taught me... The loudest one in the room, is the weakest one in the room.

"Seeing that you don't know anything about the woman living in your house, lying for you and pretending to be your wife." He scoffs and looks again at Douglas who chuckles lightly. "What extortion did you have on her for her to be so loyal for such a long time?"

I snicker at his words. Why don't they just spit it out already? They just rubbing salt in my open wounds.

"Until she got the balls to fight you in what you claim is your streets." Flick stands to straighten his posture with hands casually in his pockets. "Let's go onto your friends murder shall we?" Flick urges with sarcasm evident in his tone. "We can always get the information we need from Lauren. She's more then willing to help. We thought we'll be kind enough to just give you an offer to come clean yourself." He crosses his arms over his chest. "You never know, I could work out a nice deal for you."

My eyes turn into slits. "I have nothing to offer." I shrug innocently noticing that red flash again of the recording device in the other corner of the room.

"But Lauren does." Douglas says from his corner causing my blood to boil.

I told her everything, everything there is to know about me and the family business. She knows too much. I trusted her with everything I am. Why wouldn't I, she was so focking loyal. Before she became a woman scorned. She's something else, too clever for her own damn good, but to go this far? My head falls slightly when I realize.. She really doesn't love me anymore.

I should just give her what she wants, what do I know about kids? I'll just mess up their lives, the same way I do hers and now she's messing up mine.

"Fine." He shrugs "We'll just take what we can from Lauren. Can't keep her waiting, she's a beautiful woman after all." He says with a look on his face I don't quite like when he speaks of my Karalina. "And that mouth, mmmm.." Im about to lunge for him..

The door flies open. "Stop asking my client questions. Interrogations over. Oh come on Douglas, you know better." Francesco and Lenny? Comes into the interrogation room causing Douglas and Flick to share glances, obviously furious they couldn't get anything out of me, not even a punch.

"You okay?" Lenny asks as the two badges leave the room with fuming gazes at us.

Franky turns off the recording device in the corner. The red flash dies out and I take that as my cue.

"Do I focking look okay!?" I yell raising my cuffed hands above the table. "Why am I still in here? That bitch! I'm going to focking kill her when I get my hands on her." I grunt out.

"Calm down, okay? What did you say to them?" Francesco asks nodding his head to the doors direction.

"I don't know what they talking about." I shrug.

They nod together. "So." Francesco starts causing me to raise a brow at his jittery form. "We have good news, and we have a bit of bad news."

I let out a sigh. "I only pay you for good news. Am I right? Or do I need a new lawyer?" I look at him with a look he knows all too well.

Francesco scratches his head with a nervous expression. "So, good news is..." He ignores my previous statement and looks to Lenny who shrugs. "They can't find her."

"What?" I ask baffled.

Flick has been bluffing this entire time. Trying to trick me into saying something. Which I would've never focking done anyway.

"Where the fock is she?" I lean in closer speaking softer, not too sure if they can hear us from the other side of the room.

I have a feeling she might still be in the house hiding with all the safe rooms hidden between the walls and the basement. But why hide if this was her evil plan?

"The footage shows she left the house, we have everyone looking for her." Lenny says reassuringly. I open up my mouth to suggest something. "And no, Miguel doesn't have her." He states firmly.

"She can't be far. What about Enzo?" I ask softly again.

"His with Joey, asshole woke up hours after the arrest happened. Probably still confused as fock." Lenny says and I shake my head at how casual he seems about this.

"She wouldn't leave them behind." I whisper more to myself.

"We'll find her. Like you said she can't be far. Let's focus on the trial." Lenny says but regrets it immediately when my eyes snap to his wide shocked ones realizing the words slipped out of his mouth.

"Might." Franky reminds Lenny with a look. It seems they've been discussing this before they got here. Most probably brought Lenny with to calm me down. "We just need to work out one of your plans. What have you got?" Franky asks me rubbing his hands together over the table.

Am I seriously doing this guys focking job for him?

I roll my eyes scowling at him before turning my attention to Lenny. "Find her, Lenny." I say gritting on my teeth.

Book 3 of the Chosen Karalina series.

In order to start reading Chosen Karalina, Chosen for Karalina has to be read first followed by Chosen by Karalina. This is a trilogy of the dangerous love affair between mafia boss Leonardo Demarco and the beautiful, mysterious Karalina.