Chapter 15

〰️Leonardo Pov〰️

I wasn't surprised at all to see Karalina had made desert as well. They were impressed with her cooking, and of course she was overly pleased with herself when they complimented her on every damn thing. I wasn't sure if they were trying to kiss ass or keep conversation.

"Oh for fock sakes, did I miss dinner again?" Lenny rushes into the dining room with outstretched arms, looking pissed with himself.

"Bad word!" Enzo shouts across the table with mischief in his eyes trying to gain his madre's attention. Knowing exactly what she would do next to poor Lenny for using foul language infront of the kids. She lost her mind last time right before we left for a gala event Padre needed us to attend.

"Yes, very. Bad. Word. Uncle Lenny knows the rules!" Karalina scolds Lenny in her own little way giving him a look, with her now pointed eyes staring at him, not wanting to make a scene infront of her new found family, I'm sure.

"I'm sorry. Can I grab a plate?" He asks with a soft smile placing a kiss on her cheek in greeting while his eyes roam on the unimpressed faces at the table. They obviously surprised by his entry.

She gives him a small eye roll and waves him off.

Lenny and Karalina has grown close over these past few months of us living in New York, Lenny is to know all her whereabouts and have eyes and ears on her at all times, or have someone's eyes and ears on her at least. Or I'll have his head which I constantly remind him about. Karalina gets annoyed with him most days, but I think she learnt to tolerate him for my sake.

"Another one of your mafiaso brothers Leonardo?" Liam asks without a sign of a joke or sarcasm in his tone.

"Cousin, actually." Lenny says sitting  between Penny and DJ, and he has the audacity of a mother focker to wink at the woman who in turn rolls her eyes at him. I laugh when he suddenly imitates the God father, holding up his fingertips together speaking about respect in our home.

I look over to Karalina who gives me a look with a perfect raised brow. This is one of those exact moments of her tolerating him. "Come on, that was funny." I tell her gesturing to Lenny.

"It was actually funny. He did a great impersonation." Dean says amused and Djs girl agrees nodding her head with a grin.

"Thanks." Lenny says with his mouth full. This guy has no shame. "So, I heard I'm going to South Africa for four days. Fun." He says sarcastically.

Karalina turns her entire body my way. "I don't need a babysitter."

"His not a babysitter. He wants to go." A white lie.

"I want to go." Lenny repeats trying to convince himself.

"We can take care of her ourselves." DJ says casually. "She's safe with us."

Everyone murmers a yes and she will be fine. All the while Joey has a look of worry on his face looking at each and every guest at the table.

I eye Dj for a moment trying to see if  he'll break under my stare. His picked up a few kilos over the years since his college days. Definitely doesn't bother hitting the gym like Liam over here does. "I trust that she will be safe."

More like she better be focking safe.

"I just need to be sure. As you know we live in a dangerous world." I subtly let him in on my enemies.

"The world is dangerous, because you in it." Liam says causing Lenny to laugh out loud.

"Good one." Lenny chuckles stabbing his fork into his butter chicken.