Chapter 30

~Chad pov~

Is this my chance? You know the one I've been praying for? Where I get to have Lauren back.

Is this a sign? Should I take it as one when I've been asking for one last chance for so long? I've been waiting for a miracle or something.

And now she's back to stay.

But I already knew she'd come back a few months ago when Leonardo had a talk with me. Basically prepared me for this moment. Gave me the money to make sure her and other significance are well looked after for the next few months until access to his funds are available again.

I didn't know what the fock he was on about. I thought he was crazy when he said I needed to watch over her for a year or two. Not realizing the asshole will be imprisoned.

He is good at planning his life, that's for sure.

Made sure the house across the way from Laurens parents' place was not on his name so it wouldn't pop up incase of tax evasion. Clever. Instead, Leonardo made a 5 year old the owner of a house I have to caretake.

The guy wanted too much of me, too much of the time. Like I was working for him, or he knew I was vulnerable when it came to Lauren.

A knock on the window caused me to jolt. I rolled the window down with the winder.

"Jesus, where'd you get this piece a shit from?" Lenny pulls a face looking at the vehicle I'm stationed in at the pick up point of the airport.

"This is the closest thing to a truck I could find. I mean seriously how much luggage could she possibly have?"

Lenny chuckles. "Not luggage, my friend." He leans his forearm on the inside of the window frame. Leaning lower casually he smirks at me. "More like baggage." He nods his head to the exit.

My eyes immediately find her in a pale pink dress.

Beautiful. As always.

I was expecting it.

What I was not expecting were two baby girls on her arm, and a little boy at her side clutching the creases into her picnic dress.

Significance

That's what Leonardo meant. Their children.

I was in such a daze I haven't noticed Lenny trying to slide open the side door of the van, maniacally pulling at the lever. "Hey!" He yelled earning a few looks from departed passangers leaving the airport.

I pushed my door open, not for dramatics, more for the fact that I knew this door struggles to open. With a huff, I dragged myself out of the van.. I could hear her hills.

"Hi."

"Hi." I muttered not daring to look her way.

"Where's Zac?" She asked as she buckled the kids in their seats.

That was quick. Which means she's used to traveling around with them and having them situated comfortably and quietly.

"Chad?"

I finally looked up into her light brown eyes. "Uhm, his home. Thought we could surprise him... Didn't know they would come along." I nod my head to the children's direction.

My eyes shifted to the children. The boy half glaring at me with folded arms wearing a striped shirt rolled up to his elbows. He looks like a grown man in a small person's body. He looks like a small version of Leonardo actually.

"You ready for your vacation?" Trying small talk with this kid isn't removing the uncomfortable glare from his face. "Okay then." I move uneasily away from them and back to the drivers seat.