Chapter 7

〰️Leonardo Pov〰️

Watching Karalina in this kitchen scrub a cupboard door down so hard it looks like it's about to break. I'm not sure why she's scrubbing it though. The shiny cupboards are so bright in here I could see her reflection on the white high gloss finishing.

I walk soflty on the marbled floor until I reach the side of the island with her back to me. I smile at the way her ass jiggles slightly with each movement of scrubbing. But I love the way her hair looks in a bun ontop of her head, the way she loves to wear so often when she's in her comfort zone. The stray hairs hanging loosely down her glistening neck to the top of her back.

She stops scrubbing for a moment rolling her shoulders and letting out a soft sigh.

"I underestimated you." I say softly causing her to jump a little.

She continues polishing. "What are you doing here? Leave." Karalina says trying to put her guard up.

Walking closer to her I slowly place both hands on her tensed shoulders and they slowly relax and slump down a bit stopping her task in the process.

"Please, just leave." She breathes out in a pained voice.

I ignore her request, turning her slowly around to face me. I finally see her eyes looking up to me. Even though they seem tired I was glad to be looking into them. "I never cheated on you, I never did, I never will."

"Leave!" She shouts.

I grip her shoulders and bend my knees to look straight into her eyes. "I never cheated on you. I never cheated on you. I never cheated on you!" I yell, not meaning to cause my outburst, but I've grown tired of everyone assuming the worst of me. Even my mama questioned me on it.

"Leave." She says calmly and turns to grab a rag making my hands fall to my sides.

"She was blackmailing me." I admit.

"What?" Karalina asks turning her body to look at me with confusion showing all over her scrunched up face.

"She wanted to tell Chad everything. He showed her your picture and she figured out his dead wife is my wife." I point to my chest.

"Wait. What?"

"She's been living at the hotel without my knowledge. She tricked Salvo into letting her stay, said she had nowhere to go. What was he to do, he said." I imitate Salvo rolling my eyes. "It seems Chad and her spent alot of time together at the bar when he ran shifts."

Her brows twitch with curiosity. Like she's thinking of something. Probably if they slept together. It's crossed my mind too, so I won't blame her.

"They became friendly sharing each other's stories. Mona being the storyteller that she is of course exaggerated our past relationship. She tried to kiss me, Karalina. That's it. Nothing happened. I promise. I took her to get clothing. Part of the deal for her silence. I couldn't trust her with my bank card, that would be stupid of me and just giving her money would mean I would always be giving her money for her enjoyment. Giving her hope, as Lenny put it."

"Smart man, sometimes... But you should've told me." She raises her voice.

I step closer to her. "We had so much going on already. You were almost kidnapped. Joey was kidnapped. The Chad and Zach thing. The family on the news. The arrests. Our family.. I didn't want so much strain on us."

"Still. I looked like a fool. I didn't even know if I should believe you until I saw the the footage."

"What footage?" I ask confused.