Chapter 16

〰️Leonardo Pov 〰️

"That was a lousy trick Leonardo." Karalina says sitting up in bed while typing something on her phone.

"Oh, come on. You miss this." I wave my hands over my body stepping out of the en suite in a towel after a hot shower.

She peels her eyes to me slowly from her phone and does a double take taking in my abs with her mouth agape as I near the bed.

I chuckle at her and her cheeks turn a slight pink. I'm glad I still have that affect on her.

I'm still a bit disappointed she would want a divorce though. Half scare me to death with it even. I know what I have to do and show her, I will do better and try harder in this honesty thing.

"Like there's something there to actually miss. " She says rolling her eyes, trying to fool who? I'm not sure, but she sure as hell isn't fooling me with those doe eyes.

"You know you want this." I say ripping the towel from my body.

She let's out a shilling squeal of excitement, but covers her eyes like a shy teenage girl with a big smile plastered on her face.

I chuckle lightly with a huge smile. But my smile is immediately replaced by anger when the door suddenly bursts open revealing Penny wearing pajamas Karalina borrowed her. "Lauren!"

"What the fock?!" I yell grabbing the towel from the ground to cover myself.

Penny's eyes go slightly wide at the scene she's witnessing, while turning quickly back out. "Sorry. I thought I heard screaming." She rushes out and pushes Dean further into the passage along with herself before banging the door behind her.

I tilt my head in disbelief at Karalina who's laughing at the acts that just uncovered in front of her.

"What is wrong with these people? Are they standing outside of our door?" I ask amused walking to the very door making sure it's securely locked this time.

She laughs, but her face suddenly falls.

"What's wrong?" I ask tying the towel around my waist.

"Do you think I really picked up so much weight?" She asks and I know she wants me to lie to her, which I'm really trying to work on, as of recently. "I mean.. I know I picked up weight, but is it that noticeable?" She scrunches up her face.

"I like you better this way." I say flashing her a flirty smile and she bites her bottom lip with a glint in her eyes. "Come here." I hold out my hand for her to take.

"Okay." She groans placing her small soft hand in mine, not really wanting to get out of the sheets, but I'm glad she does as I take in her bare creamy thighs brushing against her short silky blue night dress.

I reach for my phone from the bedside choosing a song I knew would fit her well after her mother's stupid comment about her weight earlier.

"Dance with me." I say pulling her closer to me by her waist as Barry whites voice plays through my phone. I love you just the way you are.

She grins at me and places her hand on my shoulder while the other plants onto the side of my chest and she maneuvers her body in closer laying her head softly onto the other side of my chest.

"You so cheesy." She giggles softly.

"You love it." I say confidently.

She let's out a sigh. "I actually missed it." She confesses in a whisper.

We barely swaying to the song, holding each other so tight in hopes it doesn't end. Her nails are grazing my skin and the ache to be closer is killing me.