Chapter 17

"Did you know, Greta refers to herself as the housekeeper?" I ask Leonardo whilst laying with my head on his bare, hard, yet comfortable chest with our legs intertwined.

"What?" He asks in a groggy voice.

I can feel the touch of his fingers on my bare back as they tug and twirl lightly on the tips of my hair. Trying his utmost not to fall asleep at 3am after I told him I can't sleep - feeling too anxious to see Zac in a couple of hours I guess.

"Si." I exclaim. "Heard her telling Anny she's the head housekeeper and Anny should stay in her lane."

The vibrations from Leonardo's chuckle causes me to join and chuckle along with him. "Her main focus are the kids, but the girls aren't here and Enzo's at school. She probably feels useless or afraid she might lose her job."

I shrug. "Perhaps."

"Feeling tired yet?" Leonardo asks.

"No." I say softly letting out a yawn.

He scoffs lightly. "Could've fooled me. What's really bothering you?" He asks in a sincere tone.

I let out a breath before speaking my thoughts. "I just don't want anything to come up, to stop me from seeing him this time round."

Leonardo doesn't say anything. Probably letting my words sink in.

"I feel like there's always something keeping me from him." I let out.

Leonardo rubs my back gently. "Nothing will. I won't let it. Okay? I just need you to be strong and stern and not let anyone try and break us." Leonardo says warily.

I'm not sure what this has to do with any of my feelings right now, but I'm sure he himself has fears on his mind right now.

"Especially Liam, his onto me. He wants me gone, and picking up on me sleeping in the pool house and you throwing my clothes out that's still hanging from that damn tree always reminding me of our rocky marriage, doesn't make it easier." Leonardo's mood suddenly went from one hundred to zero in a flash.

"Well you better get it out of the tree then. Jenny has been asking about it." I try to tease him about our peeping neighbor. "I think she huh personally wants it for herself. I see how she looks at you." I rear my neck up to get a better look at his face.

He smiles a side lazy smile. "Jenny can have it. She's probably waiting for the perfect time to snatch it."

I laugh so loud I can't contain it. "Oh my God. I bet she will."

"She better take it. With all that greeting I have to do with her in the morning." He says causing me to laugh even more.

I missed him, I always do when his gone. Deciding to go to South Africa without him was best. Someone has to stay and be here for Enzo.

Leonardo's breathing starts to pick up as if his dosing off and I take this moment to lift my head and watch his beautiful tanned features.

I can't believe it was just over a week ago I had doubted his loyalty to me. I was broken, even though he never cheated on me. I thought he had.. I was angry, heartbroken and lost. I should've known he wouldn't, he swore it on Angelica's grave.

"Stop staring at me." His lips move, but his eyes are still closed.

"Sorry." I say running my hand from down his neck to his chest again. My thoughts suddenly going back to Alessandro and my flashback of him. "Why don't you have any tattoos?" I ask.

His eyes open as his body goes stiff beneath me. "Why should I?" Leonardo asks annoyed.

"Uhm, I didn't say you should."