Chapter 2

〰️Leonardo Pov〰️

So the bad news was I would appear in court infront of a judge in two days after my arrest. Which meant I had to remain behind focking bars stressing about the whereabouts of my backstabbing wife for another two days and this pain in my back was starting to get on my last damn nerve and moved further. Sit ups were out of the question leaving me to sit and dwell further on my thoughts of her.

Dressed in a Hugo Boss suit mama brought for me to wear as I walk into the courtroom, my eyes immediately find the benches full with my family. The entire family that is. Some of the family, mostly men nodding their heads and offering small smiles in a support gesture. Mama, relieved to see me she almost stands to her feet but I motion with my hands for her to stay seated and she looks worried as she sits down slowly shifting in her seat.

"Where are the kids?" I ask mama from behind me in the first bench as the cop uncuffs my wrists.

"Ignis. Enzo went to school." She says curtly.

"Kara-"

"We don't know." Mama cuts me off and I nod my head taking a seat behind a desk facing the judges stand.

Karalina was still missing. Left without a trace. How does she do it everytime? Or who is helping her this time? I was behind bars thinking of all her plans she tried to plot. One was, if she left us all behind, went back to her family to simply forget about us, or to come back and claim the children once I was thrown back in jail for life, lord knows what these assholes have on me. Would she say I was behind her disappearance? Just to get me back for cheating on her? Would she tell them about my businesses and illegal activities I confided in her about?

"Hey." Salvo brings me out of my thoughts. "Look. Fock face Chad." He says with a shocked expression.

"Fock face Chad?" Michele nods his head in question to the isle separating us from the other benches. And I see Chad walking closer down the isle to the front of the benches.

"Fock. Fock face Chad." I mutter softly. What the fock is going on?

"Well, at least now we know who's helping her." Franky mutters and I feel like punching him till his nose bleeds for being so blunt.

"Hey. Hey. Is that fock face Chad?" Matteo whisper yells.

I Nod my head as Chad turns his head to my direction with a look on his face I haven't seen before. It's almost funny to see him pissed.

"Fock face Chad." I say a bit louder with a smirk causing the men to sniffle a laugh even though this is not the time to be laughing.

"Hey, quiet down there." A policeman says close to the podium as the judge walks out of her chambers to approach the bench. "All rise." He yells and everyone stands.

The judge speaks about the possibility of a trial and reminds us all this is a hearing and blah blah blah. Mentioning my name a few times and my arrest, which is under false accusations, if they only knew the truth. The truth which would be buried forever seeing that the real suspect couldn't even pitch to support me in court at his faults. Some brother he is.

I look over at Francesco who seems confident it won't go to trial as he speaks about me to the room as if I'm not here. My eyes move slightly pass Franky to an older version of Karalina staring right at me from the other side of the room. Her mother. I frown at her somber face staring at me, making me feel uncomfortable even. I frown slightly. What is going through that head of hers? I wonder if she has her daughter hiding close by somewhere.

"Mr Demarco!" The judge demands my attention and my head snaps face forward.

My brows pull together looking at her then to Francesco who mouths the words "How do you plead?"