Chapter 5

〰️Chad Pov〰️

The door opens again and the devil himself walks through wearing an all black suit, black shirt and grey tie. Why does he always have to look like his walking on a runway?

"Smells great in here." Leonardo says with a smile I wish I could punch off his face.

He saunters to the chair placed central for him to have a good look at everyone in the room.

"That's the guy." Zach whisper yells to Meg who tries to quiet him down with her finger on her lip.

Leonardo tilts his head to look at Zac. "The guy? You remember me?" He asks Zach with a small smile on his lips.

Zach looks unsure to answer him or not as he looks to me then back to Leonardo. "At the park." He squeaks out.

Leonardo smiles wider crossing his leg over the other. "Very good memory. Smart kid." Leonardo says looking at me as if I should thank him for the compliment. "Just like his mother." He says and I inhale sharply trying to control myself.

"You knew mommy?" Zac asks him and Dean pulls his attention to him, obviously trying to shut him up.

"No." Leonardo says taking me by surprise. "I know her."

"Don't. Don't do that." I stammer out at Leonardo.

He raises his hands in defense. "What is that smell? It smells great. You cook?" He points to my mum.

She nods vigorously, obviously afraid of this murderer in our home.

"It's a.. creamy chicken stew, secret family recipe." Meg says for my mum whose staring with fear in her eyes at Leonardo.

"Well, it smells amazing." Leonardo says giving Meg a smile. "I take secrets very seriously, so I won't bother asking the recipe."

She actually giggles "Thanks" She says blushing curling a strand of hair behind her ear, and I glare at her actions causing her to shrug at me.

"Chad." Leonardo commands my attention with a look of seriousness. "I came to South Africa to explain things to you and Karalinas family about the truth, but it seems they not home."

"Karalinas family?" I ask confused.

"Oh, I mean Lauren. But she prefers Karalina now.."

"What?" Myself and Dean ask in unison.

When does the madness end? What next?

Leonardo looks at everyone in the room before intertwining his fingers over his knee which is crossed over the other. "I have a story to tell you." He says. "About when I met her, 7 months after her disappearance."

So this would be next.. Wait did he just say they met after..

"She lied? I knew it." I say almost losing my breath, but I start to frown. "For you though, why?"

"You sure we should have this conversation infront of him?" Leonardo nods towards Zac.

I nod. "His fine. It's fine." I say not wanting him out of my sight. "Just watch your language." I say pointedly.

"I insist" He says leaving no room to argue. "Lenny." Leonardo nods his head in Zac's direction.

I stand to my feet. Blocking Lenny from passing me to take my son. What if he leaves with him on a plane or some shit like that. These people are capable of anything.

"I won't let anything happen to him." Leonardo says causing me to stare at him for a few seconds from my side as Lenny stands infront of me. "Family is everything to me."