Chapter 18

〰️Leonardo Pov〰️

The sun was out about an hour ago, but I never got up or out of bed just yet. Too transfixed on the love of my life as the light catches her features in just the right way.

She's exhausted, I know by the breathing pattern of her sleeping form. I immediately frown at my thoughts when I start to wonder what she's dreaming about.

I kiss her cheek softly, but she doesn't even flinch and I chuckle at how deep in a slumber she is, this woman could sleep through an earthquake.

It wasn't long after watching Karalina sleep I got to my run in the vicinity of our home, I of course greeted the desperate house wives of the Hamptons and promised to attend yet another fundraiser next month. If I had to decline, they would've begged. And no one wants to see that at this hour. Trust me. Plus Karalina would be pissed after she enjoyed the first one we attended of theirs.

But of course she loved the events my father sent me to for business deals and out of respect I'm learning to attend function after function the family threw my way. I was the Don, my people looked up to me. Karalina knew this, she was always on my arm meeting new faces. It made good business too, showing I was invested.

I, on the other hand hated these events. I tried my utmost to keep Karalina out of view and away from these meetings, but there's only so much you could get away with being the Don.

I think Karalina just loves the idea of dressing up, and each time she looks more and more beautiful. I remember the bid I placed at these neighbors fundraiser, I had to pay for a tour package including drinks and dining Karalina offered of the Belle hotel. A tour with my own damn wife for fifty thousand dollars after some asshole bid five thousand. If he had to go any higher then my first and final bid I would have hung him up in my basement and snip his balls off ever so slowly.

"That lawyers back, looking for Lauren." Sonny says sarcastically as I make my way up the driveway.

I groan with an eye roll as Sonny offers me a sympathetic smirk.

"His back. Finally." Liam yells to someone behind him while eying me up and down. I'm this close to losing my damn patience with this guy.

I roll my eyes again for the umpteenth time this morning walking up the stairs ignoring everyones gaze on me as I ascend to my bedroom where I find Karalina in conversation with Penny packing two suitcases with her mother's help.

"There you are. How was your run?" Karalina asks breaking her mother's word.

I notice Karalina still wearing her robe. "It was-"

"We leaving in twenty. Lenny called the pilot so we just packing a few more things." Karalina continues, cutting me off in the process with a smile on her face.

"So much clothes for four days." I raise my brows.

"So much on the agenda and you can't really keep up with the weather down there. This is a beautiful room, Leonardo. My daughter tells me you designed and had it redecorated yourself." Penny says all in one breath taking me off the subject.

"Anything for the love of my life." I say dryly. "Excuse me, I have to shower." I say looking to Karalina.

"I should take one too." Karalina says turning to Penny.

"Oh of course." Penny realizes she actually has to leave our bedroom.

"Oh my God, this is beautiful." Dj's lover comes out of the closet dressed in a silver long lengthen dress admiring herself.

I raise my brows crossing my arms over my chest when she notices me in the room.

"Sorry, and honestly I didn't touch anything on your side. Lauren already warned me how ocd you are and don't like people touching your things and shit like that." DJ's girl rushes out.