Muzan

"I can't believe you found him Rui" Akaza said, still holding Tanjiro in his arms. Just like he did all those years ago when he first found him all alone in the mountains.  Back when he reached only a few inches above his knees, and he never wanted to leave our side. 

"Give him to me"  I demand soft voice.  I need my son back. I wasn't ready to take on that responsibility back then, But now that we have him back, I will do anything to make it up to him. "Now Akaza." I say again, holding my arms out. I can tell he is hesitant, but reluctantly gives me the sleeping boy. Cradling him in my arms, I walk away towards his room, and lay him in his bed and sit next to him.

"You have grown so much. But still hold that child like innocence to you." I tell his sleeping form, stroking his hair with one hand. He has grown taller, reaching my chest. His hair has grown longer, ending above at his shoulder and he has grown muscle. But he still looks fragile, as if he might shatter at any moment. 

"I'm so sorry Tanjiro, I have hurt you so much, I failed you too many times. I'm sorry!" I sob out. Finally letting my emotions out. "I know you hate me now. I get it. But please forgive me, I will do anything!" I whisper "I wasn't ready, I panicked and fled. I should have came back when I heard you cry, But I was only thinking of myself. I know you can't hear me, but I want to be your dad again." I will wait here until he wakes up, I will make things right this time. 

Flashback

"Please Muzan, we will search harder. We'll find him, just give us more time!" the demons beg before they are killed. It's been years since Tanjiro disappeared.  No one has been able to find him. The fortress that used to be  filled with laughter and joy, is now gloomy and tense. Everyone has been searching for him, but coming back with nothing. I'm starting to loose hope, and I know the others have been too. But we keep searching. 

everyday I beat myself up and images still flash through my mind of the last time I saw him, Screaming and crying out for me.  If we ever do find him, I will not let him go again, no matter what. He won't be allowed to leave us.