sixteen

After I left Cleo, I got into my beloved Porsche and sped over to Furnace

After I left Cleo, I got into my beloved Porsche and sped over to Furnace. Steve was already there, leaning against his Maserati waiting for me since I was running late.

"Sorry I'm late, made a pit stop to see Cleo." I explain, shutting my door and walking up to him. He pushes off his car and joins me by my side and we walk into the new location.

He waves away my apology. "Don't worry about it, the renovators haven't been here too long."

I nod, opening the door and motioning for Steve to go first. "I hope we don't have to make any last minute changes. Cleo's birthday is on the twenty seventh and I figured we could combine her party with opening night on the thirtieth."

"That sounds like a great idea, Nat was telling me about how she was stumped on what to do." Steve responds. "I'll let her know about your idea."

"Great!" I slap his shoulder as we walk up to the renovation crew making them turn toward us. The lead guy reaches out his hand and I shake it, as does Steve. "Good evening, gentlemen." I greet.

"Good evening, Mr. Barnes. Are we ready to start?" he asks.

I nod and he leads us back to the entrance where Steve and I entered through. To the right is the first bar with elevators right across from it. "The Library", which is just another lounge with books and a pool table, is the next door down.

"This looks really good, great work." Steve says as we depart from The Library. I nod in agreement as we make our way down the hallway where we come to a fork in the road.

To the right is the long bar with tons of booths across from it and to the left is the main dancefloor. There are seven all together. The DJ booth is huge and sits directly in front of the fifth dancefloor and the ginormous room has more booths surrounding it. We cut through and make our way to the cloud bar which also has a few booths directly across from it.

The lead guy, who I found out is named Scott, has been spewing out what had been changed and demonstrating how everything works as we progressed through the tour.

"Okay, now show us the Daybreak Lounge." I command, trying to get on with it. I only have an hour until I have to be back at Calhoun's and I still need to change.

"This way, Mr. Barnes." Scott leads us back through the main area and to the elevators. He presses the button and the doors open immediately, almost as if they can sense my rush.

Steve, Scott and I pile into the elevator and he presses the button on the pad that has a blood drop symbol on it. Of course, to everyone else, it just looks like a simple drop of water.

The elevator dings and the doors slide open, revealing the underground level. The Daybreak Lounge is specifically made for supernatural beings. Every single Furnace location has one, for obvious reasons. It's not as big as the main floor, but it's big enough to hold at least two-hundred people.