eleven

"Tell us everything! Every last detail!" Nat squeals excitedly bouncing up and down in her seat

We're sat at our favorite table outside of Café Beignet sipping on our coffees and picking at our beignets, gossiping and laughing. After I waltzed in with the biggest smile on my face, they knew something was up. I couldn't wait to gush about my morning with James.

"Okay, so I woke up early to make him breakfast since he clearly hadn't been hungover in almost three centuries. I walked up to his room right as he was waking up. He was definitely confused at first but then I caught his attention and he immediately relaxed."

I continue to go over every detail about the events that unfolded earlier this morning. From the breakfast, to the memory he saw, to the teasing and finishing it off with the date I told him he had to plan as my prize for winning our bet.

Nat and Wanda's mouths are hanging open in utter shock by the time I finished. Nat has always had a flare for the dramatic, but with Wanda having the same reaction, I can't help but think this really was almost unbelievable. Hell, had I not lived it myself, I can't say I wouldn't have my doubts.

This is some shit straight out of a movie.

"I still can't believe he saw your first memory." Wanda says softly with her eyebrows raised.

"Yeah, it was... pretty shocking. I didn't even know that he and Steve had 'powers'" I reply with air quotes.

"So what's Steve's ability?" Nat chimes curiously, peeking at me over the rim of her coffee cup.

"I actually don't know. He only explained his." I shrug.

"Speaking of Steve, how is it going with you two?" Wanda turns to Nat with a knowing smirk.

"Uh, fantastic..." Nat smiles genuinely as a subtle blush creeps across her cheeks. "I actually really like him."

"Oh, man. We're screwed." I giggle at her.

Nat and I have never really been one for relationships. Nat was always too independent to care about someone romantically and not many men knew how to handle her.

And me? Well I had a bad breakup a little over a year ago. My first relationship ever. I thought I loved him, I even thought he loved me. But you don't treat someone you "love" the way he treated me in the last few months of our relationship. So I left and never looked back.

"What do you think James is going to plan for your date?" Nat asks.

"I have no idea... it's kind of making me anxious." I sigh.

Maybe I should have just planned it, that way I wouldn't have to worry.

Wanda raises an eyebrow at me, taking note of my tense posture.