thirteen

Warning: Smut ahead!!! Both hands on the phone at all times, plz & thx.

Also, this is my first attempt at writing smut, so I apologize if it sucks. Bare with me, as I'm still very new to writing.

With that being said... ENJOY, ya filthy animals.

———————————————————————

"Mikaelson?" James growled through gritted teeth, his glare intensifying and his once ocean blue eyes turning a deep red.

I furrow my eyebrows. He knows the Mikaelson's?

My eyes bounce between the two brooding men standing in front of me, clearly communicating through scowls. "Why are you here, Kol?" I intervene, attempting to redirect the focus back on me and give James a chance to cool down. "I'm pretty sure I told you that I never wanted to see you again." I roll my eyes.

"Cleo, darling..." he chuckles halfheartedly, his eyes moving from James to me. "Could I spea-" my eyes snap to his. Now I'm fuming.

"You could leave." I hiss, cutting off whatever nonsense he was about to spew my way. I was shaking uncontrollably and my chest was heaving up and down as my breathing became erratic.

How dare he? After what he did? My face contorts in disgust at the sight of the person standing in front of me.

Kol takes a single step back, left in utter shock at my outburst. His jaw went slack, eyes bulging from his stupid head. This was new to him. I've never talked back to him before, he was always the dominant one in the relationship. I was his pet.

It's about time I stop letting people walk all over me.

He opens his mouth to respond but immediately closes it, pursing his lips instead. He nods, replacing his offended expression with a smug one and backs away slowly.

"As you wish." he turns and leaves without another word.

My eyebrows shoot up as I watch his retreating figure. That was too easy.

That's not the Kol Mikaelson I know. No threats? Snide remarks? Insults? Was it because James was there? Or maybe because we're in a crowded restaurant and he doesn't want to draw attention to himself?

No matter the reason, I know for a fact that I haven't seen the last of him. He's like a cockroach.

"Are you okay?" James asks softly, breaking me from my anxiety filled thoughts. My eyes meet his, they're back to the beautiful blue that I didn't realize I had grown to love in such a short amount of time.