twenty-eight

Sorry for the late update 😭 life has been crazy and I briefly lost my motivation. Nevertheless, it is here!! Enjoy besties.
———————————

The sun shining through the window caused my eyes to flutter open

The sun shining through the window caused my eyes to flutter open. I was wrapped in an abundance of fluffy warmth that made me flip over and throw my hand out in search of a hulking wall of muscle, only to be met with cold sheets. I frowned at the discovery but the faint sound of pans clanking together downstairs grabbed my attention and a smile stretched across my face.

Food.

Throwing the thick comforter off my body and standing from the bed, I made quick work of brushing my teeth and slipping into one of James's t-shirts before quietly rushing downstairs, not missing the ache between my thighs.

I tip-toed through the foyer and into the kitchen where James was facing the stove with his broad, defined back towards me. Creeping behind him, I held my breath in hopes that he couldn't hear me coming. My dreams were quickly shut down when his husky voice halted my steps less than a foot away from him.

"Good morning, iubirea mea." he hummed, still focused on the pan of scrambled eggs in front of him. I huffed in defeat, rolling my eyes as I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"One of these days, I'll successfully sneak up on you." I tease, placing a soft kiss of his shoulder blade. His chest rumbles as a deep chuckle erupts from his throat. He intertwines his fingers with mine and brings my knuckles to his lips, pressing a kiss to each one.

"You already did, babydoll." he muses, releasing my hand so he can plate the bacon and eggs.

I stood there for a few moments, tracing circles on his bare abdomen before stepping back and heading towards the table, James following closely behind with a plate in each hand. We ate breakfast in a comfortable silence, him eating with one hand while the other massaged my legs after he pulled them on to his lap the second he sat down.

"I think I'm going to go home today..." I start, taking a swig of the coffee James had placed in front of me a couple minutes ago. I glanced at him over the rim of my mug to find him already looking at me with a raised brow. I sat the mug on the table, gulping down the piping hot liquid and leaning back into my seat. "I need to talk to my dad." I elaborate further, earning an almost inaudible 'ah' from him.

"I think that's a good idea." he agrees, a small, empathetic smile gracing his perfectly chiseled face.

"Although, I don't know what to say..." I mutter, looking down at my fingers and twisting them. "How do I even bring it up? 'Hey da, I know you're a werewolf and you didn't tell me about my hybrid nature... what's up with that?'"

James sighs, grabbing my hands to stop them from fidgeting. I peered up at him through my lashes as he rubbed his thumb over my palm soothingly. "Take it slowly. Don't rush and don't work yourself up." he says softly. "I can come with you for moral support if that'd ease your mind?"