Twenty-Two

DISCLAIMER ⚠️: The following scene contains mature content and may not be suitable for all readers. If you prefer to skip explicit sexual content, intense kissing, or suggestive scenes, please move on to the next chapter. However, this chapter may be essential for the storyline. A recap will be provided for the next episode. Thank you.

∆∆∆

NOAH

Bryce sat on James's bed while I floated above my mattress, bouncing a ball against the ceiling. "Now that Claire, Shawn, and our cousins know about our powers, what's bothering you, Noah?" Bryce suddenly roared at me. I sighed and rolled over in the air to face Bryce.

"You're spending too much time with Mark."

Bryce rolled his eyes. "Are you jealous?"

"We're twins, mate, and I'm the older one. Besides, I know you had sex with him. I had to witness it, too," I replied hastily, feigning disgust and rolling onto my back on an air cushion.

"How do you know?" He asked me. I knew he understood what I meant, but I tapped his temple twice to refresh his memory.

"You miss Hunter."

"I do not," he growled at me. "I love Mark."

"Twin intuition. I've seen enough of the stuff you do, not that it's enjoyable." There was a moment of silence as Bryce and I stared at each other.

"What the hell, dude?" Bryce screeched.

"What? Don't you have that power?" I questioned his abilities for a moment. Then his eyes dropped to the floor, and he groaned.

"Yeah, but I don't go bragging about how I've seen you, you know, doing it?" Good boy, Bryce.

"What about Sarah?" Why did he have to bring her up? A low growl escaped me.

"Oh, screw off. I wasn't bragging, mate—far from it, and we were thirteen. Sarah nearly drowned. I saved her life." Bryce raised an eyebrow in protest.

"And now she's your neighbor."

"No shit," I growled, tucking my fingers under my head like Peter Pan, getting comfortable in the air on my mattress. "What are you doing for Thanksgiving?" I asked.

Bryce sighed, shifting on James's bed. "I'm not sure yet. My dad usually plans a big dinner that day, but it never goes as planned, and we end up ordering takeout."

"What did you do? Overcook the turkey with your heat vision or something?" Bryce gave me that familiar glare with a scowl and rolled his eyes. Oh well. Then I sighed. "Why don't you and Dex come over here? It's not much different, and you'll have everyone, including me."

"I'll have to ask him, but I'll give you a maybe," Bryce winked.

"For heaven's sake, come to my house for Thanksgiving. It's not a big deal." I snapped. He was annoying, but I loved my twin brother to death.

Bryce sighed. "Maybe," he replied again, unfazed by my minor outburst. I always needed to understand my brother better. Then again, we hadn't seen each other in years. He was too polite and not easily fooled, which was good because it meant he was brilliant, but it was often a pain in the ass.