Fourteen

DISCLAIMER ⚠️ (PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING): The upcoming scenes contain mature content. If you prefer to skip them, please scroll past the following triple triangles. However, note that these scenes are relevant to the storyline. Thank you.

∆∆∆

MARK

Bryce swiftly removed his shirt, revealing his chiseled six-pack abs. My breath hitched as I followed suit, a confident grin spreading across my face before pushing Bryce onto the bed. My fingers hurriedly undid the button on my pants, stripped down to my underwear, and climbed on top of him. Our lips met, and we sank deeper into the bed, lost in the heat of the moment. Just then, Bryce's cell phone buzzed on the side table, interrupting us. Frustrated, I rolled off Bryce with a groan. Talk about bad timing, Noah.

"Are you going to answer that?" I asked Bryce, annoyance evident in my voice. Bryce sighed and reached across the bed to check the text.

"It's Noah. He says it's an emergency and wants to meet up at school," Bryce informed me.

"By we, he means just you. He still doesn't like me," I clarified, earning a sigh of annoyance from Bryce.

"Yeah," Bryce confirmed. I hastily pulled up my jeans and buttoned them while Bryce quickly grabbed a shirt from his dresser and tossed it to me. I slipped it on without delay.

"It'll be fine. Noah and James will eventually warm up to you," Bryce reassured me, kissing my lips quickly. "Come with me, please."

"I need to check in with Max and Mia. It's been a while, and they'll get suspicious if I don't," I replied.

Bryce sighed again. "Alright. See you later?"

"Definitely," I sheepishly grinned. I approached the doorway just as Bryce's father swung the door open, catching me off guard.

"Bryce, who is this?" Dex questioned, his eyes fixed on me.

"This is Mark, my... um, my boyfriend," Bryce hesitated, unsure how to answer. Daddy Dex raised an eyebrow, clearly surprised.

"Are you being responsible with your... uh, powers?" Dex paused, searching for the right word.

"Powers? Yes, sir! I have powers, too. It's all under control, Mr. Marian," I replied, feeling Dex's gaze scrutinizing me.

"You have superpowers as well?" Dex asked, his confusion evident. I let out a shy chuckle. It's not every day you tell your boyfriend's father that you're a superhuman like him.

"Yes, sir!"

Dex shook his head in disbelief. "Wow, there are more supers out there than I thought."

"Yes, and we can talk more about it later," Bryce intervened, moving past the bed towards me and intertwining our hands as we left the room together.

∆∆∆

BRYCE

Navigating through the bustling high school corridors in the morning rush, I tripped over my feet, catching several onlookers' attention. My books scattered as I clumsily fell to the ground, landing face-first—just my luck. Noah appeared above me, his presence oozing mischief. Noah's eyebrows furrowed as he loomed over me, seemingly waiting for me to levitate back up. But I couldn't risk revealing my powers in front of the school. I quickly pushed myself up and dusted off my clothes using my hands.