Cosmic Twins: The Heart of the Fire - Chapter One

Hi, Author here. Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I want to inform you that this is part of a spin-off posted on my profile. If you haven't checked it out, I 100% recommend doing so. Thank you so much for reading!

Have a super day!!!

∆∆∆

   As a young child, I believed I was born normal and given superpowers as I grew older, but I couldn't have been further from the truth

   As a young child, I believed I was born normal and given superpowers as I grew older, but I couldn't have been further from the truth. As a teenager, my father had a mishap that gave him superpowers, and I was a pawn in a bigger scheme than the government sought. My uncle Alexander, the leader of the unethical organization, was a monster, the real threat, but for a while, he led us to believe our father was the villain.

   My siblings and I were born in a private facility inside government walls. We were subjects in a secret government operation they developed to create super soldiers from children. My father fought to stop the operation but was powerless against the group and forced into recreating a supergene; the same supergene was passed down to my siblings and me.

   Alexander finally set us free on my big brother Maximus's tenth birthday. That day was heaven on earth for all of us. We were free from the prison they kept us in.

   We all knew where we needed to go to find dad. We knew he lived somewhere three hours away, but that was all we knew.

   Alexander abused me for a year and a half before I ran away. The night I left, I smelled smoke from the park bench I slept on and found myself amid an apartment on fire nearby. I quickly rushed to the scene and bolted in, searching rooms and pulling people to safety while putting out as much of the flames as possible with my powers.

   The fire department showed up moments later as I carried a man in my small arms outside the apartment. My eyes met with Dexter for the first time as I gently put the man by the ambulance and rushed back in with superhuman speed. Dexter ran back in after me as I pulled an older woman from the wreckage. She was the only one left, barely breathing from the ash and debris.